Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / post excerpt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Nina Bos
    Participant

For some posts the excerpt is taken from the text at the start of the posts, for other posts it is taken from the middle of the posts.
    Which setting do I change to ensure always the start text of each post is selected for the excerpt?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

That shouldn’t be the case, it will read the first X amount of word / characters. Do you have remove shortcodes enabled via Settings > Excerpt?

Nina Bos
    Participant

Yes, I have enabled this function (seeing it says recommended).
    I checked the posts, all posts as of a certain date (08.2011) and older show this. The others all appear normal.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

Are the old posts built with the old page builder or using Visual Composer? Do you have a link to the blog with these old posts on so I can take a further look? Please can you also reply with your login details and set your reply to private.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

I recommend re-building the older posts using Visual Composer as something is not right here. It also looks like you need to re-select your featured images for the older posts too.

You can edit the number of columns by going to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Drop Panel > Drop Panel Columns.

Do you have a link to the video you are viewing? I am not sure which one you mean.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We can take a quick look but it looks like the functions.php has not been replaced with the original properly. We will require your FTP details to do this though so please can you set your reply to private and post them up?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nina Bos
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Happy New Year!!

I’ve just gone in to take a look but I can’t see a password in your post above?

Nina Bos
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.