Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post Excerpts not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Wendy Pooley
    Participant

Hello,

My Blog Excerpt option is no longer functioning. I have older posts that it still functions for, however my most recent posts of the last 4-5 weeks are no longer displaying the post excerpt other than the post title. For now i have had to switch on the full post content but this is not what i want to display on the main page.

I have Advance Excerpt plugin installed, which i have tried switching on / off and the problem persists. I have reverted to version 4.2.2 even, and still no luck.

Please help! thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

Are you using the latest version of the theme and when did they stop working? Also, do you have a link please?

Wendy Pooley
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yes i have the latest version of the theme updated. The excerpts stopped working after a previous update. Here is one of my blog pages…i have put the excerpts option back on for now so you can see (I will put the full post option back shortly). Weirdly, earlier posts that I have done are still displaying the excerpts though.

http://diabsolut.com/news/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

Because of the content within your post, the advanced excerpt will struggle. I would either use the Settings > Excerpt > Strip Tags option to strip out certain tags. Just check the likes of p, a, img, ul, li tags and make sure div is NOT checked.

Also ensure that the Remove shortcodes from the excerpt. (recommended) option is enabled too.

This should give you more of a text excerpt and not break things.

Wendy Pooley
    Participant

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info…i did try adjusting the settings > Excerpt > strip tags option as you suggested . I tried different variations, even just keeping p, a and img checked. No luck, unfortunately.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

Do you have the Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Post Content set to Excerpt + First Image? If it’s set to full post, it would explain the excerpts not working.

If that’s not the case, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you. Click “Set as private reply” to hide details.

Wendy Pooley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The best I could get it is as it is now, it’s case of playing with the settings to see what suits best.

The issue I can see is that the forms are one of the first thing the Excerpt plugin sees and ends up adding the ID for creating the form.

The only true way of ensuring a correct excerpt, is to add one via each Post > Excerpt ( may have to be enabled via Post > Screen Options ).

Wendy Pooley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wendy,

That latest version of Advacned Excerpt starting causing issues, I’m near the point of not recommending it anymore. As for the latest version of the theme, it shouldn’t have had any effect, nothing had changed in regards to this area.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.