Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post gallery + Admin bar issue after updating theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve just updated the theme to the latest version but now my galleries are not appearing as well as my admin bar.

Can you help?

Bram van der Veen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Update: when changing from Child theme to the regular theme, the admin bar appears again as well as buttons I was using on my pages.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like there is some old code in the Child Theme which is preventing the admin bar from showing. I’d need to login and check this.

As for the images, what exactly was the error with the Galleries. In 4.2.3, there is a new script for handling the images, the only catch is you have to set the image sizes in the Gallery options. I.e. set a width or height.

All the above is doing is stopping the Image Resizing script from doing it’s job. That can be switched off manually via Appearance > General > Image Resizing Script > Set to disable.

It maybe that your server doesn’t support the image handling for resizing. It’s not a common issue, in fact you’re the only person in a long time to report a similar issue.

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

I used the Northvantage Widget Gallery in my footer. As soon as I remove it, everything works fine.. ?

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Hi Andy

I’ve disabled image resizing, and all seems to be fine now. Will this affect anything else now I’ve switched this off?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

By disabling the image resizing script, it does require you to look after you image sizes manually. The fact it’s all working now because it’s been disabled, definitely points to a function or two missing from your server settings.

However, if you’re managing your image sizes and you’re happy, you do not have to have the image resizing script enabled.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.