Hi Tom and Andy,
I hope you guys are well.
I am encountering a weird issue.
I am calling post types through the post grid VC element.
The post grid works fine with one custom post type, but not with the other.
However, these custom post types are made in exactly the same way on register-post-type.php
We have copied word for word the portfolio, and as I said, it works with one, but not with the other . It systematically brings up a error 500.
I am running dynamix 4,1 ( I gave up using the latest version because of pagination issues in the search page) on WP4.0.1
I have tried turning off all plugins, I have also tried to change the taxonomies in all directions.
It ‘s not moving by a inch.
Any idea on what could cause the issue?
The search navigation should be fixed. If not, please apply this patch here: http://help.themeva.com/tmp/search.php.zip.
Have you considered using a plugin to create the custom post types instead. e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/
Well since I am using the 4.1 version, I don’t have any issue with the search. At the moment we are handling many developement so going onto the latest Dynamics is not a priority. but thanks for the patch, I will keep it in mind and when I have less on my hands we will make the switch.
I have used the plugin at the beginning, but in order to slim down the site, which is programmed to be a heavy one, and considering that I only need 2 Custom Post types, I figured I was better of creating the custom post types myself.
I have a development version of the site which is made to twick around and fix stuff. I ‘d like to give you access if you don’t mind having a quick look.
The version is a copy of the actual site, but is made for trials, so you can litteraly try anything you want . If the site blows up, it doesn’t matter.
You can go into the lastest page created (grid test) and see the post grid. If you choose “hebergement”, you will get whatever taxonomy filtered CPT you want . If you choose CPT “cliniques”, you will get a 500 error.
I recommend updating to the latest, there was an update to WordPress which made it not work with some DynamiX functions. It’s not relating to this but you may come across them in the near future.
I unfortunately can’t do anything from within the admin. It might be worth starting the function from scratch by following a guide like this:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.