Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post Masonry Grid Filtering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Is it possible to create a filter selections at the top of a page just like can be done with the media grid? And as shown in:
    Grid Gallery + Category Filtering
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-pkB8e3oMM

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean by at the top of the page. It can only be done with a Grid Gallery or the other Grid elements.

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Sorry I was vague, what I meant was under the heading. And instead of media it could filter posts. Hope this clarifies.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can filter posts, but the posts have to be placed within categories and filtered that way. And if you add the Grid Gallery via the Visual Composer, it will appear below the title 🙂

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

On a page it works great (used the Add Gallery tab at the bottom) and was able to select galleries and the filterchoices showed up on top of the page
    Is this available for pages only? When I tried it on a post (using the Gallery/Media tab at the bottom) there isn’t a place to choose the “Gallery Type, ” it’s looking for me to add images. I wanted to filter out posts!

This is tied to my other question about http://acoda.com/forums/topic/create-grid-custom-element-for-media/#post-86165 that I ended up using Posts and would like to add the filter button. But looks like I can’t and can only filter with Pages.

To implement what I want to do and be able to use pages I need some kind of “Excerpt” information on a page so that it can be picked up by the grid overlay that contains the description?

In summary, I want is to have a page that contains a page grid with a mouseover that contains a Title and Description and those pages have the “filtering” capability.

I hope you understand!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, you should be able to add one via the Visual Composer. Pages aren’t ideal for this, for that exact reason, I don’t think you can add an excerpt.

What’s the overall thing you’re trying to achieve, there maybe a simpler way.

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

I didn’t want the links to the Next and Previous posts link or comments on page. I can suppress the comments but not sure how to the suppress the next/previous links.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add this bit of CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS to hide the next and previous links.

.nextprevious_posts {display:none;}

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.