Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post navigation links in theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff
    Participant

I’m looking for the post navigation code in the theme but am stuck. Could you give me the file where you use it because I would like to replace it with the contextual related post plugin code: <?php if(function_exists(‘echo_ald_crp’)) echo_ald_crp(1); ?> that (when the plugin is installed) shows related posts in place of the previous/next links.

Thanks.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

The file you need is DynamiX/lib/inc/classes/single-class.php

Jeff
    Participant

@Andy, perfect. Exactly what I need. I have a related question now 🙂 If I change this file is there a way I can place it into the Child theme somewhere or its not possible and I have to remember when the theme gets updated to make changes again?

Also, I have another small issue with the element positions. For example, I want to add an image between the Title of the single post and have the related posts BELOW the image. On single.php I can add the image without problems but this appears either below or above all other items (title, date, related, categories etc). I can solve this by putting my image inside single-class.php but the theory doesn’t sound right and of course I still the the Related Posts text above the image.

Basically, if there a page where you “build’ the theme of a single post so I can change the order of the elements for example.

Thanks and sorry for bother you so much!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

You could try putting it in the child theme but sometimes it doesn’t work like that. Give it exactly the same path in the child theme and the original back to normal. Always best to re-implment the changes each time as you don’t know what else might have been changed within that file.

To edit this for normal posts, DynamiX/content.php, edit and you can change the order there. If for image posts too, edit, DynamiX/content-image.php
    If you copy them into the child theme file them edit them from there, it may work. Child themes are a bit of hit and miss.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.