Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post Slider

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hello,

Using DynamiX with the included Visual Composer plugin, from Visual Composer when I select the Post Slider and enter Portfolio ID’s (or Page ID’s), on the resultant page all I get is a thin bubble with no content when I select flex slider and Nothing Found when I select Nivo slider. I would appeal to Visual Composer directly for support but since the plugin is included with DynamiX there doesn’t appear to be a way for me to open a ticket. Please have a look and see if you can address. Am I missing something obvious? Thank you!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you tried using Categories instead of the ID’s? It sounds like it can’t find any posts. Do you have a link too.

Noah
    Participant

Thanks Andy. Yes, I have tried both by ID and Category, and tried using Portfolio items and Pages, can’t get it to show anything. The page in question is:

http://dev.learnaslead.com/approach/

The slider title is Why doesn’t this work?

As you’ll see there is a small box under it, but nothing more. This is in a clean install of the website (learnaslead.com) which I am rebuilding since the old site has so much code that it’s not possible to update the theme without seriously breaking it. Any help is appreciate, thanks!

Noah
    Participant

PS apparently the current version of Visual Composer is 4.7.4 but I have installed with the theme 4.6.2, how can I update that?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve checked the code and there are 3 slides but they’re all empty. Can you check each of the id’s you have entered have a “Featured Image” set?

Failing that, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look.

Noah
    Participant

Hi, sorry was out of the office for a few days. If I put a feature image on the portfolio pages that feature image does show in the slider, is that all the portfolio slider function is suppose to do? I was hoping it would show the actual portfolio post…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If you want to display just text, have you enabled the “Description” option, set it to “Teaser excerpt”?

Noah
    Participant

Thanks Andy, sorry to be so dense but I never imagined thats what was under the description drop down!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem, I’m glad it’s resolved 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.