Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Posts and Categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Everton
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve some issues to configure my blog properly.

1. I Have 3 pages with different categories posts to display. But, when I select the widget wp-categories on widgets, to show categories on this pages, the widget shows all posts categories. How can I do to show only some selected categories on dhis pages?

2. In the single posts pages, the Title, date and autor appears below the Image. I would like to show this infos above the Image and the full text below. How can I change this?

3. I would like to remove “Prev / Next” that appears above the single post. How can I disable this?

Tks for your help.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Everton.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Do you have a link to this page please.

2. If it’s for normal posts, you can edit the DynamiX/content.php file and move the following line of code:

if( ( ( empty( $NV_imgalign ) || $NV_imgalign == 'aligncenter' ) && ( $NV_arhpostpostmeta == 'display' && $NV_postmetaalign == 'post_title' ) ) || ( $NV_arhpostpostmeta == 'display' && $NV_postmetaalign == 'post_title' && empty( $NV_previewimgurl ) ) )
    {
    include(NV_FILES .'/inc/classes/metadata-class.php');
    }

To above this line:

if( !empty($NV_previewimgurl) && $NV_displayblogimage == 'display' )
    {
    echo do_shortcode('[imageeffect type="'.$NV_imageeffect.'" align="'.$NV_imgalign.'" '. $NV_image_size .' alt="'. get_the_title() .'" link="'. $NV_permalink .'" '. $NV_showlightbox .' url="'.$NV_previewimgurl.'" ]');
    }

3. You can add the following to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

#nextprevious_posts {display:none;}

igor
    igor
    Participant

Hi Andy, i have an issue to translate the post excerpt text “Read More->” with an italian translation.
    I tried to search into function.php and index.php but i have not found solutions.
    Can you please tell me in which file i can find the text to translate?
    Thank you so much, cheers
    Igor_

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Igor_,

It should show up within a translation plugin like WPML or qTranslate. Just be careful with the special character at the end.

The exact phrase is: Read more →

If you’re still struggling to translate this, please see: DynamiX/lib/inc/sub-functions.php and search for Read More – I do NOT recommend this method as it will be overridden in the next update.

igor
    igor
    Participant

Thank you so much for your helpfulness!

igor
    igor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve restored it for you and then added the translation in.

It may have been a single character that caused it to crash – ( still amazes me websites can be completely broken with 1 wrong character ). 🙂

igor
    igor
    Participant

Wow amazing!! you saved me from panic. Maybe the error was generated by the format text editor. I used text-edit directly form Filezilla, not saved file and opened using Dreamweaver.
    Anyway..thank you so much!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.