I created an About page with the default template and the 1x Column (Right) page layout configuration with the “Contact” widget in the right column…
For use in a slider gallery on the home page, I created posts that contain the urls for both image and video – works great.
But now that I want to create a page for the artist blog with the blog template and the 1x Column (Right) page layout configuration, I’ve run into 2 issues:
1. How can I use the same layout configuration (1x Column (Right)) for different pages, but choose different widget based on what is needed for that specific page? Basically, I don’t want the “Contact” widget to appear on the blog page, only on the About page. I must be blind or using the wrong language to search for the answer, seems so simple.
2. With the blog page set to “Blog” template the posts that I wanted to use ONLY in the slider gallery appear. How do I hide these posts from the blog page? I saw how to Hide Content (for use only in a gallery) on a page and got excited thinking that posts had the same functionality, but they don’t. I might be able to live with it knowing eventually there will be new content, but the posts are quite utilitarian – quite ugly.
keyhanjun ( Support )Participant
to answer your first question:
1. go to DynamiX -> General Settings -> Sidebars
2. enter the amount of Sidebars required (e.g. 4 / standard is empty = 2)
3. go to Design -> Widgets (now you will see sidebar 1,2,3 & 4)
4. go to your static/normal wp page (backend)
5. on ‘Page Layout Configuration’ -> Sidebar Configuration set e.g. Sidebar4
to answer your second questions:
1. please go to Settings -> Reading
2. check ‘A static page (select below)
3. Set ‘Front page’ to Home
4. Set ‘Posts page’ to -Select- (do not choose any page here)
5. now go to your static wp page (Blog)
6. set ‘Blog’ on Attribute -> Template
7. check each category you want to show on your blog page in the box called ‘Blog Categories’ (Select Categories for Blog Template).
Hope this helps. 😉
Okay, cool beans! For my second question, it might be important to note that in order to select a category to show on your blog page… you must not only have created it, but created at least one post using the category before it will be available to check in the select categories section on the blog page. (I created a dummy post “Philanthropy Post Test” to test this.)
Initially, in my case I had created “Home Slider Gallery” to use with my slider gallery and it was the only category showing on the blog page, because it was the only category that I had used to date. And even though I had not checked the “Home Slider Gallery” category box, it was pulling those posts as default because no other categories had posts created using them.
Your instruction helped immensely! Thank you!!
I undid the fix and recreated the issue, so that you can see. Screen shot caption attached.AuthorPostsViewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Have an Issue?Checkout the FAQ page here, if you can't find an answer - post your question into the relevant forum.
Did you know?
Each Theme purchase allows you to use that Theme on one domain or project only.
A single purchase is needed for each site you use the theme on. Thank you for following this rule as it allows ACODA to keep supporting and releasing new updates.