Home / Forums / ePix Support / Posts, preview and format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Jenna Borkenhagen
    Participant

I was wondering if there was a way to decrease the preview shown on the main blog page. We use photos for most of our blog posts and the preview prior to clicking on the blog shows most if not all of the photos making the preview page full of images and no reason to click on the blog itself.

Secondly, I notice when I select a different format in the blog creation screen it makes no difference in appearance. Should it? There’s standard, aside, video, image etc. to choose from and I’m not sure that they do anything, do they?

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jenna,

If you have the Advanced excerpt plugin installed (you should have been promopted by the theme to install) then you can set the excerpt to show only a small amount of text or images.

Try playing with the excerpt number under Settings > Excerpt.

This is just so that you can split blog posts up in another way instead of just categories, you could pick up only quotes within a category for example. Generally, I just leave these as default.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Jenna Borkenhagen
    Participant

This helped wonderfully.

Thank you Tom, as always!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.