Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Posts with no image picking up image from previous post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • AeroComputers
    Participant

Not sure where to begin with this one. The first time it happened I thought my co-editor just happened to use the same image for the next post and was mildly puzzled when I could not find any refernce to an image inside the post. 

See

http://0344bca.netsolhost.com/blog/news/page/2/

AeroComputers UC-5100 part of American Eurocopter's new AS350 simulator

and

Capabilities Expanded for AT-802U with UC-5011

I added an image to the second post which you can see below the duplicate image from the previous post. I thought adding an image to the second post would override whatever weirdness is happening behind the scenes, but no dice.

Any thoughts? Is this theme-related?

Thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is a bug in 2.8.6 – if you upgrade to 2.8.7 the issue should be fixed. 

AeroComputers
    Participant

I upgraded to 2.8.7 and the issue is fixed. A new issue is that it appears that the first image is not showing in the archive/index post page even though the excerpt + first image/custom image option is selected.

This is a setting I had not touched before upgrading and appears to be unchanged, yet my posts are rendering differently on the index page without first image.

http://0344bca.netsolhost.com/blog/news/

See post "Customer Profile: Mesa Police Department" vs. "Mission Equipment: What Police Helicopters Want"

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you check to see what the Post -> Additional Settings -> Show Image in Post/Archive is set to. 

Thanks

AeroComputers
    Participant

It is set to default. I have not altered these settings from the previous release.

AeroComputers
    Participant

Ok. Cancel that. Apparently that one post was set to default and the others aren't. Previously when the post was set to singe post, the first image would show up in the archive page as well but to the left of the text as it appears in the single post page. Now the settings are working more as expected. I've changed the other posts over to the default and accept the default centered image setting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.