Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Post/Slideset Gallery + JW player videos + Lightbox

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

Is the above combination possible? It seems that the only way to get a lightbox is with the image shortcode…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

If you an image as a placeholder and set the embed to blank, combined with enabling lightbox on the gallery it will work with showing the video in the lightbox. However you’ll need to take a look at the documentation on how to use jw player within the lightbox.

Scott C
    Participant

I really need some help getting this to work…

I’ve got JW player set up correctly, but when it comes to applying the code, i can’t figure out what to use.

I want lightbox, but only the image shortcode seems to have it. When i try to use that image shortcode with jw player, just the images show up. Where can i find a lightbox setting which works with JW player?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott, have you followed this guide in the documentation – http://help.themeva.com/docs/dynamix/jw-player-configuration/

Scott C
    Participant

Hi Andy, yes that’s exactly what i followed when i said “I’ve got JW Player set up correctly”

I have the links to the files in the dynamix settings, and have used that longform link in image shortcodes, slide sets, video shortcodes, etc. No matter where i put it, it doesn’t work.

Here’s what I’ve been using in shorcodes and slidesets, etc to try to get a video on the page:

/wp-content/jw player/player.swf?flashvars=file=/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/commercial1.flv

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you past the shortcode you’re using here and I’ll take a look and a link to your site as well. Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Sorry I’ve just re-read that, so what settings do you have in the slide set? Maybe a screenshot of what you have may help.

Scott C
    Participant

Okay, so i don’t know what I changed between yesterday and today, but when i went to check out the page linked at the bottom of this page, the video i placed in the image shortcode actually works!

Now, in the picture below, can you see anything i’m doing wrong? I would like to get both videos in a gallery short-code using these slidesets.

Thanks!

and at the bottom of this page is where i’ve tried to implement it: ohc.scottyshideout.com/advertising-on-hold

Scott C
    Participant

Is there a reason why just a normal jw video embed is not working?

[videoembed type=”jwplayer” align=”alignright” width=”250″ height=”188″  url=”/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/commercial2.flv” imageurl=”/wp-content/uploads/Advertising-On-Hold_Commercial1.png”  id=”3″]

shortcode above doesn’t display anything.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m not sure why the gallery is being cut off like that – it doesn’t appear to have lightbox enabled either. Can you PM me your login and I’ll take a look. Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott, it’s your path to JW Player still – it maybe the space in the path that’s causing the issue. I would just upload the javascript file and flash file via the Media Library and then link to them from there.

Scott C
    Participant

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for helping out, Andy!

Scott C
    Participant

That was it exactly. Got it all working now!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Great, glad it’s working now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.