Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / prettyphoto replacement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
  • Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

ive spotted this gorgous lightbox called pirobox extended,and thought it’d be a nice feature for a future update,what do think?

if this isnt something you’d want to include,what do i need to change to replace prettyphoto with this:

http://www.pirolab.it/pirobox/index.php

HammeR
    Participant

I have always used ColorBox, but pretty photo is OK. What I miss, however, the integration for WordPress image when images do not insert using shortcode. Does anyone have the plugin WP-pretty photo already tried? Then the js code is loaded twice, but is probably a conflict?

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

you can use prettyPhoto manualy using rel=”prettyPhoto”

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Oh that’s nice!

The only thing I can’t see, (maybe it’s an option but I can’t find it), are thumbnails of all the photos in the gallery.

It’s why I like ‘SlideShowPro’ – when you have 30 or 40 images in a gallery, thumbnails are essential.

Other than that, very nice.

Peter
    Participant

I have the same question as FLiCKaPiX: what do I need to do to replace pretty photo with another lightbox? In my case, I would like to use Lightbox Evolution. I use it along with nextgen gallery.

Thanks in advance!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

i dont think theres an easy answer here,dynamix has pettyphoto in custom code of andys for pretty much everything,so guessing it would take quite a bit of work,however if andy could provide a list of files(prob lots) that prettyphoto is coded into then i could try and figure this one out,

Peter
    Participant

That would be great. I really like the animations of Lightbox Evolution. Like you, I'm a photographer and always looking for something just a bit different than the other guys.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

thats right,not only that pro photos arent an easy thing to display nicely,ive tried 10-20 diffrent themes and this is the only one that has come remotely close to what i want,

<h1>many thanks to andy for the sortable grid gallery,he got a lot further than i managed and has made image presentation so much easier.</h1>  🙂

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

@Peter , have you been watching the banbi cantrelle on ulstream? realy good. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/creativelive-lowres

Peter
    Participant

@FLiCKaPiX Photography:   Thanks for the tip to the ustream. Can't get enough training. I've been taking photos for 40 years and still learn something new almost every week. Saw David Hobby (the Strobist) and Joe McNally in a day-long seminar last Friday and picked up some great ideas and tips. However, they would also like to use their lightbox of choice within DynamiX 😉

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

ha ha :p ,

love joe mcnally,does some fantastic stuff

Peter
    Participant

He blew the crowd away when he said that after 27 years, NatGeo plays him $660 (USD) a day for him, his assistants, travel, everything. Amazing.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

$660 – not alot for his calibre then.

Peter
    Participant

Says he uses them as much as they use him.

Peter
    Participant

Andy: Anything on the horizon to allow the replacement of PrettyPhoto with another lightbox plugin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.