Home / Forums / ePix Support / Preview page not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Chris Pigas
    Participant

Hello,

Since the update to WordPress 3.9 the Preview button is not behaving correctly/at all.

Problem 1

Steps to reproduce the problem:

– Open an existing page.
    – Modify something in the text.
    – Click preview button.

Behaviour observed:

The preview button does not open a new page showing the modified contents of the page. The link showed when hovering over the preview button, does not have the “?preview=true” string. I can open the link to a new tab but it’s the existing contents of the page.

Problem 2

Steps to reproduce the problem:

– Create a new page.
    – Add a random title and/or random contents.
    – Click preview button.

Behaviour observed:

The preview button does not open a new page. However the link seems to be the correct one. Manually opening the link to a new tab seems to be indeed opening the page preview. However, I observe the following problem:

Additional steps:

– Close the preview tab.
    – Modify the page contents.
    – Manually open the preview in a new tab.

Behaviour observed:

The changes are not reflected in the preview.

Additional steps:

– Close the preview tab.
    – Scroll down to the ePix specific options.
    – Modify something in the general tab, for example the page structure.
    – Scroll up and manually open the preview page on a new tab.

Observed behaviour:

The preview does not reflect the changes.

Additional information

– The browser cache was cleared and this was tried on two different computers.
    – The site is running entirely on https, so no caching is happening.
    – I do not have any type of caching plugin enabled.
    – I deleted the Visual Composer and re-installed version 4.1.1.1. No change.
    – I switched back to the original ePix theme from the child theme but no change.
    – I checked the permalinks and everything seems fine.
    – I checked the .htaccess file and it seems healthy.

Before I start thinking about deactivating anything and even reinstalling everything from scratch can you please tell me if you can reproduce any of the observed behaviours? Is the preview button supposed to work with Visual Composer? Are there any known problems with WP 3.9?

Thanks,
    Chris

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

These issues should be resolved with the latest version of ePix. Which version are you currently using? In WP 3.9, there were some issues with lots of themes but these have been updated.

Once updated, you can then upgrade to the latest stable version of Visual Composer. Please do not install your own copy as you will run into issues. Once updated, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.