Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Problem with "Add Media" and "Tag" buttons not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Scott Case
    Participant

I’ve attempted to use the “Add Media” and “Tags” buttons, but I click and click and click…to no avail. I can also not use Yoast.

I’m getting an error:
    “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined.”

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

It sounds like you need to update to the latest version of the theme.

A new update has been released for DynamiX which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Scott Case
    Participant

We’ll try that Andy, thanks, but I’m pretty sure we updated to the most recent theme. I’ll also do the browser cache clear and see if that helps. Will revert back with status. I’ve got this theme installed on two clients (yes, bought two licenses!) and it’s been great for some local logistics trade associations.

Question for you…when I go fullscreen in Safari (or any other browser), it doesn’t carry across neatly. Is that a fix that is coming in the future?

The site I’m running it on is http://www.iacac.com. Go full screen with your browser of choice and that green bar doesn’t always go the length of the screen.

Scott

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

I have tested your site on Safari on my laptop in fullscreen mode and everything seems to be fine when going into the fullscreen mode. The green lines carry across etc. What size screen are you testing on? I am currently using a 15″ MacbookPro.

Do you have a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing so I can get a better understanding?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott Case
    Participant

Tom:

Thanks. The theme is full screen without a problem now, but I’m wondering why when I use Safari in full screen mode on my 27″ cinema monitor the slider image gets cut off versus looking at it in a non-full screen browser window.

Where can I upload to share screenshots?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

You can upload images to your WordPress site or via upload sites like, photobucket.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott Case
    Participant

Oh, yeah, THAT sounds like a great idea (hits self in head with shovel).

http://iacac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-10.55.19-AM.png
    http://iacac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-10.55.28-AM.png

Hope this helps.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Did you update to the latest version of VC? 4.2.1?

If you are on the latest version of the theme, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

The other errors are coming from a plugin. WP Auth Check? If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott Case
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

This must be a caching issue with your browser as when I logged in, I see no errors at all. I was able to create a post, add in an image from Add Media, add in a tag and publish it just fine with no errors. I have set the post as a draft now so it does not show on your site and so you can view it still. It is located here, http://iacac.com/support-test/

I recommend resetting your browser cache as this should solve things for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott Case
    Participant

Tom:

iacac.com works fine; it’s now the jfk.rentageekmomtest.com that isn’t working with the same issue.

Scott

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

You seem to be on a old version of DynamiX for your other website. I recommend updating WordPress, DynamiX and Visual Composer as this should resolve your issue.

A new update has been released for DynamiX which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott Case
    Participant

Tom:

It’s all updated and it’s still not working. Cookies & cache cleared and everything.

I really need you to get into the site with the credentials I forwarded privately and see what the *&%@& is going on.

Please.

Thanks,
    Scott

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

What are the login details for the http://jfk.rentageekmomtest.com/ site? The ones above do not work.

Tom

Scott Case
    Participant

Tom:

“Jiggling the handle”, as it were, got it working. We just kept turning stuff off and on, but for now (find some wood and knock on it), it’s working properly.

Scott

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.