Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Problem with animated filter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • AleckUK
    Participant

Hi there

I seem to have discovered a bug with the grid gallery and the animated filtering.

Basically when you turn on the animated filtering the grid gallery doesn’t respond properly for different screen sizes.

If you have the filter turned off then it responds perfectly

I have made two videos, one with the filter turned off and one with it turned on.

Working

Not working

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

AleckUK
    Participant

Hi there

I was wondering how do I go about setting up the categories for the animated filtering?

I have a large amount of images displayed in a grid and would be really good if I could filter but can’t seem to work out how to create the categories

Thanks

AleckUK
    Participant

Sorry just worked it out!

Hi @aleckuk

I merged your 2 most recent tickets since the main issue is with the filter.

Can you please confirm if everything looks good or if there are still pending issues regarding this?

Regards,

AleckUK
    Participant

Hi yes this is still an issue

If you see the two videos i posted in the first post, you’ll see the issue

Thanks

AleckUK
    Participant

Hi there

Has any progress been made on this issue?

Thanks

Hi @aleckuk

I think the masonry is breaking when using Customize, which is a false-positive. If you use Chrome Dev Tools or Firebug to simulate mobile screens, the masonry grid will adjust correctly.

I tested your site and our test site and the gallery works without any issues.

Regards,

AleckUK
    Participant

Hi there thanks for reply

Unfortunately this problem still persists for me.

Can I ask how you tested my site please?

As when I resize the masonry in Chrome to mobile view then back to it’s original size it still brakes.

The same problem happens in every browser.

I’ve also noticed that this page doesn’t seem to load on iPads, I just get an error message. I have tried this on old and new iPads. Is it possible if you could shed some light on this issue as well please?

Thanks

Hi @aleckuk

I opened your site on Chrome then pressed F12 to reveal the Chrome Dev Tools.

I then click on “Toogle Device Toolbar” icon so I can test the site with the gallery on different screen size.

While using the ‘Responsive’ option, the images overlap or breaks but is only for a split second because the Masonry then kicks in and fixes the layout of the images.

Can you please check from your end?

Regards,

AleckUK
    Participant

Hi

I’ve tried exactly that and am still getting the same problem

If I switch it to mobile view all the images overlap and do not sort themselves out unless I click one of the categories

Then if I go back to desktop view the masonry is completely broken and does not fix itself

Bare in mind this only happens when I have the filter turned on, if I don’t then the masonry works perfectly

Do you want me to make a video perhaps so you can see this problem?

Thanks

Hi @aleckuk

Can you please send us a screencast/video of the issue so we can also retry this from our end?

Regards,

AleckUK
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @aleckuk

Thanks for sending the screencast and I know see the issue.

I have forwarded this to the developer to check what’s causing the issue.

I will get back to you once I have more information.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.