Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Problem with filter (portfolio)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • akartstudio
    Participant

    I have problem with GRID GALLERY > Grids content > Build query and FILTER PORTFOLIO CATEGORY. For example the same filter as on your demo page: http://you.acoda.com/responsive-wordpress-theme/portfolio-grid/

    When I use any latin-ext font in the name of the category (?, ? ?, ?…) portfolio category is show in the filter but I could’t click and filter it. Could you check this for me?

    When I change the name of the portfolio category (without latin characters) everything works fine, but when I change again using one latin character it is not working.

    Hi @akartstudio

    Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can personally check and test on this from our end?

    Regards,


    akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

    HI @akartstudio

    You can send the credentials/site URL as a private reply and no-one else should be able to see it except you and me.

    Thanks!


    akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

    HI @akartstudio

    I tried to login but it appears that the login credentials you sent is not working. It’s actually giving me an error that the login you created is still pending or not active. Can you please check?

    Regards,


    akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

    Hi @akartstudio

    I have tried to replace one of the categories to have latin-ext and it seems to be working. The character displays without any issues and the filter works as intended.

    Attached is the screenshot:
    http://i64.tinypic.com/6nqyoy.png

    Can you please retry from your end? If the issue persists, send us screenshots/screencap of how this looks from your end.

    Regards,


    akartstudio
    Participant

    Did you try to click and filter it? Or only check if it is displayed?
    Screenshoot – it is not proof that it is sworking. As I wrote before:

    portfolio category is show in the filter but I could’t click and filter it.

    So – category name with latin characters is displayed (proper!) but the most important thing is that I can’t use filter because clicking this name of category givng nothing on screen.

    So, filter doesn’t works with this characters. I could see its name but I couldn’t filter portfolio from this category only.

    Please do as I’ve asked you – try to click word “OKOLICZNOSCIOWA” on this filter you’ve showed on the screen. There is latin character in this word. Filtr after click doesn’t work… Try change its name using letter “C” (without latin-ext) and you will see that filter works and show portfolios…

    Hi @akartstudio

    Yes the modified category that I added works when clicked.

    OKOLICZNO?CIOWA also displays correctly from my end without special characters and the filter also works as seen on the screenshot below:
    http://testarea.acoda.com/you/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/02/latin-ext.png

    It looks like the issue is isolated to your browser/computer in handling the latin-ext characters not with the theme or filter.

    Thanks!


    akartstudio
    Participant

    It looks like the issue is isolate to your browser/computer in handling the latin-ext characters not with the theme or filter.

    In fact, I try on the few computers and browsers and some browsers filter this properly, some not. In my computer the same – FF and Safafi not filter, on Opera and Edge works ok. Where is the reason?

    Hi @akartstudio

    It is best that you coordinate this with your hosting provider. The handling of latin-ext characters is not with the theme but with the server.

    The characters display correctly from my end and works as well. and as you tested, the filter works on some computers.

    The issue is currently not with the theme.

    Regards,


    akartstudio
    Participant

    Latin-ext characters are my “home” characters. Server – the same. I have a lot of sites and I’ve used a lot of templates and have never NO PROBLEM with this. That’s why I think it is theme problem.

    Can you please delete/rename your site’s robots.txt first. I need to test the page on browsershots or browserstack on multiple browsers to check if it looks fine and this is an isolated issue from your end.

    Regards,


    akartstudio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.