Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Problem with first image in blog

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • arpad
    Participant

Hello dear Forum Community,

I have just purchased and installed the dynmix template, exported blogs from another wordpress domain, and all is working well except the first images on the blog page are not displaying correctly, some do not show and some are shifting to the next blog post. This is what's happening: the 1st blog (and this is happening on each page) does not show, the 2nd and 3rd blog image ok, the 4th blog has the image of the 3rd, the 5th of the 4th and so on, and this happens again on each new page.

Here is a link to my website blog page: http://www.arpadstudio.com/blog-2/

I know wordpress does not export images, so the exported images have the path still with the old domain. I replaced and reloaded the first images from the new domain and these show up but in the wrong place, and this is happening even when I posted a new blog. I use the "Add image" dialog box to select/ download images and use the "Insert image" button.

I would appreciate suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Arpad

arpad
    Participant

I  found a solution and it is working great.

Thanks!

Arpad

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you receive my files okay?

arpad
    Participant

Andy,

Thank you I did. Things work great but seems like couple new issues came up. I sent a reply to your email and for your info I am copying it here:

(1) I checked in other browsers and this one only happens in firefox: the front image
    lighbox icon area in the blog ( when I am using grid layout and lightbox) covers the
    entire blog area and so blog cannot be opened, only the image. (My domain is
    www.arpadstudio.com)

(2) this happens in all browsers: I added some text (created as quotes using shortcode) to
    the side widget using the dynamix widget gallery and now the text disappeared only the
    "read more" is visible. A side question, when this worked I was not able to get rid of
    "read more" link. Is it possible to make the "read more" not show?

If you have some suggestions. I got around the previous problem of the first image not
    displaying corretly by setting it as a featured image.

Thank you in advance.

Arpad
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Arpad,

1) Thanks I've received your email – the firfox is a real pain, firefox have changed something on their end lately and it's caused a few issues in general. Chrome, Safari are not affected by this just FF. The only way around it is to set a width for the image. 

2) What alignment do you have for the shortcode? It should look like this

[blockquote type="blockquote_quotes" align="center"]I just bought your DynamiX theme and am absolutely astounded – it is exactly what I have been hunting for.[/blockquote]

With regards to the drop caps – what is happenin there? There shouldn't be any change there. 

arpad
    Participant

Thanks, Andy!

I had the qoute set to left allign, centering took care of it.

Also, not a big deal, I am not using the lightbox for now – hope firefox will work out their bugs.

I want to thank you one more time, your template is great, excellent features.

Arpad

Jason Powell
    Participant

I am having the same issue with images shifting to the next blog post. I also imported my site from another word press site. What was your solution? thanks, J

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I'm going to upload an update today which has the fix in. If you can wait until then that will solve the issue. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.