Home / Forums / ePix Support / Problem with menus/pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • mariakondimae
    Participant

Hey!

I hope I can describe my issue well enough, because I do not understand exactly where the problem is.

I was trying to create a grid gallery with category filtering onto “Portfolio” page (following the instructions in the video), but when I wanted to preview it, it said “You do not have permission to preview drafts.”, even if I had published it before.

Also, when I tried to go to that page through the menus on my site, it directed me to some random place that looked like my previous theme (although I have deleted the theme).

All the other menus and pages work, the only problem is with the “Portfolio”. I also tried deleting and doing a new one with the same name, but it didn’t work.

My site is here:

Thank you for the help!
    Maria

Hi @mariakondimae

Can you please send your site and login credentials for it so we can check from our end?

Thanks!

mariakondimae
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Maria,

Can you please specify which page you were working on? I assume this http://www.mariakondimae.com/portfolio/ but it is actually working from my end without any error.

Regards,

mariakondimae
    Participant

Hey!

Yes it’s the portfolio page and it shows this white page with “CREATIVE” logo on the left and non-working menus on the right…. Still not working for me…
    Maybe I should just change the “porfolio” name..

All the best,
    Maria

Hi @mariakondimae

We can now see the issue. Regarding the error when previewing,it seems like it’s an issue with your ‘user’. We created a new admin user and we’re able to preview the site.

Regarding the layout of your Portfolio page, have you tried to disable all the plugins just to check if any of those causing the issue?

Regards,

mariakondimae
    Participant

Hey,

Yes, I tried deactivating all the plugins except Visual Composer, but it was all same.

Maria

mariakondimae
    Participant

Hey, again!

So I changed the page and menu name from “portfolio” to “art” and now it all works fine. I can keep it that way.

Just another quick question: when I have the grid gallery with category filtering (like in the “art” section now), is it possible to navigate within one category, while looking at the photos? At the moment, when I filter for example “illustration” and want to see the photos full screen, then when I open one photo, the navigation arrows show chronologically next and previous blog post not the illustration category post.

Thank you!
    Maria

Hi Maria,

The lightbox will show all images within the Grid Gallery. Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to dynamically set it so it only shows what category is selected.

Regards,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.