Home / Forums / ePix Support / Problem with the mobile version

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • tethe
    Participant

Hey guys!

I am having problems wih the mobile version of my site. Can I have any help?

tethe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you post the links to the images here, unfortunately the login you gave me does not provide access to the media library.

tethe
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like a padding issue, you’ve set some large padding on the columns which on mobile squeezes the text.

tethe
    Participant

Yes! Butnif I remove it, the desktop version is not aligned and the text starts from side to side with no bleed

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

There are two ways around that.

1. We can remove all row / column padding for mobile via CSS.
    2. Setup that area to have a 1/4 1/2 1/4 column layout and therefore it will look good on desktop and stack normal on mobile.

tethe
    Participant

I think I’ll go for the first one. The contents in several pages are in two columns and even in three, so even when we use a column in each side as a bleeding, I’ll need to apply padding and the result will be some how the same.
    So I’ll appeal to your mastery in the code world to make mine easier.
    A question though.
    THis site that you are seeing and having access to, is the “test version” in my hosting, is not the final domain that will be installed to, if you guys do the modification to the code and I have to move it to another domain, Does the changes will remain? or do we have to make the changes again?
    Thank you.

As a side note/testimony/review.

I bought another theme from another seller.
    Has been the worst way to spent 64 UDS.
    HAs terrible costumer service. TERRIBLE. Takes weeks to answer a request, and his/her replies would be “I see the problem. Is easy to fix :)” and then take another 4 weeks to reply. Horrible.

The last request, I left behind my diplomacy and went ahead and let them know how terrible service I was receiving. Probably now my mails will be answer in 8 weeks.
    Anyways, I decided to let you guys know my horror story because I really appreciate the service and help. Keep up doing awesome themes so I don’t have to deal with bad costumer service.

And let me know if I need to do something else regarding the changes.

tethe
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words, I’m happy to hear you appreciate the customer service here. These Themes are my work and I want users to get the most out of them, so I’m more than happy to help! 🙂

I’ve had a more in-depth look at this page: http://quiltsbygrace.com/patterns/

Unfortunately the option 1. above, will not work here. As soon as you start resizing the browser, it breaks. The padding needs to be removed here.

I have noticed you’re not using 2.0. In 2.0, you can stretch and contain the rows and this might be the best option for you instead of adding padding values.

I fully recommend updating the theme and testing out the Edit Row > Stretch Row.

tethe
    Participant

I’ll work on that today. How can I update the theme? Would I lost any info? It seems like I have to update too wordpress, again, would I lost any info? Did you see my previous message about personalizing “no found page”?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No data will be lost, it’s best to update using the Envato Toolkit or the Appearance > Theme Options > Theme Updates ( if you have that in the version you’re using ).

Sorry, I missed that. You can edit the ePix/404.php file and add your own text in manually if that helps?

tethe
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve been working in the changes. So far good. I updated the theme and yes it did help the stretch row option. thank you! now I have another issue there is a white gap between the side menu and the subpages, how can I fix this?

thanks

tethe
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s worth editing the row and checking the settings are correct. If they look fine, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look.

I’m not sure what you mean by this “what is the recommended size for both mobile and desktop options?”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.