Home / Forums / ePix Support / Problem with the slide set manager /adding my own gallery to any page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Philhow
    Participant

Hi,
    I just bought and installed this theme but every time I try to put my own slide set manager into a page, then it becomes completely blank. For the demo slide set it works though.
    All the plugins and Wp are up to date.
    I need your help fixing it.

Thanks in advance

Philhow
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Philippe,

You are doing the correct process but your images are just far too large. They look like they have been directly uploaded from your camera.

Some images are over 4000px wide which is just too much for any normal web server to handle. For the fullscreen slider, I recommend no more than 1600px wide for each image. Most users computers cannot handle much more than this. For standard images that won’t open in fullscreen, I recommend 1000px or under.

This is why the demo images are working and yours are not.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Philhow
    Participant

Oh ok i thought that reducing the quality to compress the files (most of them are under 500ko) was enough. There is no mention of a maximum number of px anywhere in the documentation or on the theme, maybe you should put that next to the 1mo limit.

Thanks for the quick and useful assistance, I’ll try that right away

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for the suggestion, I will add it to the documentation now.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.