Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Problem with transparent header in IE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • sethdotterer_sc
    Participant

Have transparent header set up and they work fine on Mac and in WIndows on Chrome and Firefox. However in Windows on IE 11, the main image isn’t sliding up under the header bar and I’m left with a white background behind my header which leaves it semi-invisible.

I’ve attached two screenshots to illustrate.

Mac Chrome
    Windows IE

Hi @sethdotterer_sc

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check on this further from our end?

Regards,

sethdotterer_sc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @sethdotterer_sc

I personally tested this on 2 IE 11s and even on MS Edge and I am not seeing the issue. I tested this on Windows machine. Just to confirm, you are using IE 11 on Mac, correct? I do not have a Mac so I can’t check and confirm the issue.

Thanks!

sethdotterer_sc
    Participant

Are you looking at:

http://sitecompli.staging.wpengine.com/company/

I’m running Windows 8 and IE 11 in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) on a Mac. Should be no difference between this and Windows box.

Hi @sethdotterer_sc

I was checking the homepage, my bad.

It looks like the issue only happens on first load and once you scroll down then up, the transparency is back.

Have you tried to disable all you plugins just to check if any of them is causing the issue?

If the issue persists, can you please try to use this CSS?

.page-id-3495 .wrapper.main {
        margin-top: 0 !important;
    }

Thanks!

sethdotterer_sc
    Participant

That didn’t seem to fix it.

It seems that the image simply isn’t sliding up behind the menu bar. If you look at the attached screenshot with the same page loaded on Chrome on the Mac (left) and IE on a Windows/IE 11 (right) on a virtual machine, you will see that the image is lower and it also lacks the logos which load over the background image.

2 browsers

Hi @sethdotterer_sc

After further tests, it looks like the issue is caused by one of your plugins. With all of them disabled, except Visual Composer, transparency on the header now works seamlessly again. It is possible on of your plugins conflicts with the theme’s scripts that is why the background image can’t move up to cover the white space on the header.

You can personally try it by disabling all your plugins except Visual composer.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.