I just installed wordpressmu because I will create multiple subdomains connected to the same domain. I have a website with the domain name “rocktheoutdoor.com” which is installed in the root of my host and I have another part of the site with the subdomain “paragliding.rocktheoudoor.com” that is installed in a subfolder.
1) Is what I can activate the same theme and extensions (envato toolkit,Visual Composer, revolution slider) for multiple subdomains because it is not working now?
2) Since the creation of my website subdomain (about 10 days), I encounter an error with Key to activate license. I created a second key Api but the problem persists.
3) I can not activate the Visual Composer, revolution slider : “This extension does not have a valid header.”
Can you help me?
1. I am not sure what you mean by this? They should work fine on sub domains.
2. API for what exactly?
3. This error usually appears if you have a child theme installed. Try switching back to the core theme, installing the plugins, then switching back to your child theme.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my english, I’m french!
3)I switched back to the core theme, it’s OK.
1-2) Is-it possible to play the theme for several sites with the same domain? (for example : wwww.rocktheoutdoor and http://www.paragliding.rocktheoutdoor.com) because when I want activate (setting of visual composer) with my licence, an error appear : : “Invalid liense key. Please check information in your envato profile”.
You will need to use another theme licence if you want to use the theme on a sub domain, just so you know.
Visual Composer updates come with the theme, please do not try to update as it will mess with the theme. There are new updates coming out today.
Once you have updated the theme, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.
In fact, my site “www.rocktheoutdoor.com” is broken with domain and subdomain (ex : http://paragliding.rocktheoutdoor.com). So I have to buy a new license theme for each subdomain even it is the same site? Can you tell me if there is a solution because I have several other subdomains to create with rocktheoutdoor.com?
Thank you for your reply.
My understanding is that you need a separate license for each instance of a theme. If you install the theme on another domain or subdomain you create a new instance. An overview about all licenses can be found here: http://themeforest.net/licenses but if this article doesn’t answer your question I’d recommend to contact envato. Also see http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/theme-regular-license-on-wp-mu-multisite-per-subdomain/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.