Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Problems using Vimeo or Youtube as background video in a row

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • jordipalou
    Participant

Hi,

After lots of test, read documentation and forums and watch video tutorials I’ve decided to ask your help. I cannot control the size and position of the background video using a Vimeo or Youtube URL in the Background Extras section of a row. I need to play it at full size and without seeing the embedded playing controls. when loading the page. You can watch the problem in this link:

http://globalroom.org/index.php/test-video-page/
    (only a portion of the video appears at the top of the row)

On another hand, what are the types of Vimeo and Yourube URL links accepted in the element? Some of the URL’s generated by Youtube to share it doesnt’ work. In fact, the only way I’ve got to see something has been copying the url of the browser. Do the optional control parameters have effect on the background video playing ?

Regards,

jordipalou
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @jordipalou

It looks like there is indeed and issuue with using Vimeo and Youtube links, I added a small workaround which expands the height of the video background by using this CSS:

.videowrap{
    height: 100%;
    }

The better workaround would be to upload your MP4 background to the server, then use the direct link to the MP4 file as that should work.

I will coordinate with the develop regarding the issue with using Youtube and Vimeo links.

Regards,

jordipalou
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

The workaround you suggest is valid as long as video size is less than 64 MB (maximum allowed) but it’s ok for now.

Anyhow, we’ll be waiting for a fix of this issue.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Alright, @jordipalou!

I will update you once I have an update from the developer regarding the issue with using Youtube and Vimeo links.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.