Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Problems with images getting stretched in image & post gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • MWH
    Participant

My shortcode image gallery has a height and width.  I have been monkeying with the size of the images and the crop/zoom crop / zoom settings to get them to show up without stretching and have limited success. I scale the images in photoshop to fit within the limits of the gallery (200 X 180) and the images still stretch to the defined size.  I am using a glallery slide set as the source.  I I don't apply any size settings, it just cuts the images off…

Here is the page – http://www.poulsat.com – "Our Customers" is the gallery.  Also, they are stretching in the post gallery – the "Our Projects" section at the bottom.  I am at the end of my rope.  Any advice ??

thanks, Matt

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure I follow – the gallery images are set to 200 X 180 and they are displaying them at that size? What do you mean if you don't apply the size settings?

MWH
    Participant

Andy – not sure why I didn't get this response in my email box.  To answer your question – 

1.  the gallery images are set to 200 X 180 and they are displaying them at that size?

here is the code:

[postgallery_image width="200" id="0" height="180" shadow="shadow-xsmall" slidesetid="Company Logos" imageeffect="shadowreflection" align="aligncenter" animation="fade" tween="easeInCirc" navigation="disabled" timeout="1.5" /]

I am resizing the images to fit within the 200X180.  They are not all exactly 200X180 since the logos are diffenerent shapes. ie some are 195X85, etc.  My point is that I don't understand that when I put an image in this gallery within the size constraints of the 200X180, why the image would sometimes get stretched out of proportion?  Is it because I have to choose the crop / zoom / zoom crop options?  I am not even sure what the "crop" setting on it's own is doing. Is there a way to create this gallery that respects the original sizes of the logos and displays them?

Sorry I am new to this and ahve spent countless hours trying different settings.  This problem is also in my post photos in projects – I just can't seem to get the photos to show up normally.  Maybe a brief explantion would be helpful of the what the size settings do in the image gallery short code &  what the crop/zoom / zoom crop options in the gallery itself .  I can't be the only one out there struggling with this.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your best bet would be to resize all the images to 200X180 – the ones that are smaller increase their white space. Unfortunately you can't have variable sizes within a gallery – you have to tell the gallery what size the images are – if they are smaller then they will stretch them to 200×180. 

If you use photoshop or any other image editing software – create a new image at 200×180 and paste each image into it and then re-save it with the new dimesions. 

I hope that helps?

MWH
    Participant

Great Andy – thanks for the tips.  I will try it out.  Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.