Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Problems with Visual Composer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Merkmonster
    Participant

I’m having problems with visual composer. Each time I edit a text element, all the other text elements on the page are being replaced with “this is a textblock… bla bla…”. It’s really annoying and impossible to work with. I already tried reinstalling Visual composer. Didn’t help. Any other suggestions?! This needs to get fixed really quick, I have customers waiting.

Hi @merkmonster

Can you please send screenshots so we can check this further? Also, please send your site’s URL and login credentials so we can test this as well from our end.

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @merkmonster

I tested and tried to edit a page in Visual Composer and I do not see any issues. Can you please send screenshots so we can check further on this?

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

Thanks your for your reply.

At first it seems to work all right. However, when I create or change a text block with the help of the visual composer and save these changes, it will replace the original text within all other text blocks on the website by default sample texts. This ensures that I constantly lose my progress and have to copy-paste all texts all over again within the the text blocks. When I work back-end (classic mode) then this problem does not occur.

Hi @merkmonster

Can you send screenshots on that so we can check? We just tested it again and we did not encounter that issue.

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

I’m sorry. I made a short video for you to illustrate the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVA0KthXqsc&feature=youtu.be

Hi @merkmonster

Thanks for elaborating as I do see the issue and it looks like this is only happening on the Front-end Editor and not on the backend.

Can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can test if any of them is causing the issue?

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

You have permission! 😉

@merkmonster

We tested this again, tried to disable all plugins and reinstalled Visual Composer but the issue still persists.

What PHP version you have on your server?

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

PHP version 7.1 😉

I changed the PHP version 7.0 and now all seems to work all right. Could you check this?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Merkmonster.

Hi @merkmonster

Glad to know the issue is now fixed. For now, it is best to keep the PHP version as is as it’s possible that the current version of Visual Composer is incompatible with PHP 7.1.

Try the PHP version update once a new update for Visual Composer is available.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.