Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Problems with zooming on image in wide-row You Theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

I hope you had a great Christmas & wishing you a wonderful 2017!

I’m building a new site using the You Theme and have used the Builders/Construction demo as a starting point. However I’m having a lot of difficulty getting a background image to align without zooming.

When I created the image I sized it so that it should fit perfectly in place but there seems to be a zoom function that is making it much too large so that it’s scaled off the page. This is happening whether I use the Parallax function or simply try to add the picture as a background image to the row. Setting padding for the image doesnt’ work.

I did manage to make the image fit on the Home page by changing the following CSS (trial and error) from 100% to 150% which in itself was a bit strange as before I did this, the image was far too large and it was only by increasing the zoom that it worked!

#primary-wrapper .row .row-slider-wrap .gallery-wrap, #primary-wrapper .row .row-slider-wrap .stage-slider {
    height: 150%;
    }

However I’ve tried a similar trick on the other pages and this doesn’t work at all.

It’s a bit tricky to describe the problem without adding screenshots & or links to the site which I’d rather not do publicly so I’ll add them in a private post below and hopefully you’ll see what I mean.

Its probably a really simple thing that I’m getting wrong but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great as it’s slowing down the build of the site.

Best wishes

Heli

heli
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

It looks fantastic! I’d never have twigged it was because I was using a floating header. Thank you so much.

best wishes

Heli

You’re welcome, @heli

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.