Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Product Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Crowell
    Participant

I have installed the Woo-Commerce plugin along with a couple of its extensions and all is running well. The issue I have is that when I go into a page and add a grid gallery, I select the Data Source as Product Categories which is fine. I have a category called Featured Photos (featured-photos) which works fine. My issue comes about when I try to add product tags in the Grid Gallery options. I would like for the images within the category to be filtered by product tags, however if I add the product tags in the Grid Gallery options It displays every photo that has used the tags rather than just the ones within the desired category. When using slide sets everything works great, the tags will only filter the images within the slide set. Is there anyway to display just the one Category and then the tags for animated filtering on products?

Sorry if I made little to no sense.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I’ve tested this and I select a Category I wanted to focus on and then selected the tags, it displays the tags and the category I’ve selected. Unfortunately it will display the category as well as the tags. Is this what you meant?

Jason Crowell
    Participant

What I mean is that I would like for galleries to be set by a category, and then use the tags to filter within that category.

For example I have 2 different categories: Featured Photos (featured-photos) and Premium Photos (premium)

For stories sake, Featured category has 4 photos (products) and Premium has 16.

If I have a photograph taken in Australia i use the product tag (Australia) on all of the products that it suits. There are some products using the Australia tag in each category. However I dont want the products from the premium category to display in the Featured page.

If i select product category of (featured-photos) and then add tags with (Australia) included the post displays all 4 images from the “Featured” category, however it also adds images from the premium category that have used the (Australia) product tag. My question was whether I can have it only display photos tagged to (Australia) from the selected category.

Obviously if people navigate via product tags in other sections of the site it will display all products using that tag which is fine, but if I am trying to display products (photos) of a specific collection or category on its own page the only way I can have it just display the 4 products is if I dont use tag filtering.

When I used the slide set manager originally to set up each different category I could add tags and on the front end the animated filters would only show the images within that slide set. Even though it was the same tag as photos used in other sets.

Sorry it is hard to explain even though its such a simple concept.

Jason Crowell
    Participant

I have managed to get it to work correctly regarding tags and categories. The only issue I have is that where it shows the filter tags, it says Filter By: and the first item is the slug for the category which will have no images in it as it isnt a product tag? There are also 2 empty tag bubbles which dont need to be there either. Here is a link to the page so you have an idea of what I am talking about.

http://jasoncrowell.com.au/gallery/limited-edition-premium-prints/

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

The only way to get rid of them is to use a bit of CSS. Since the ID of the Grid Gallery is grid-gdgrid_limitedsale – we can use this CSS in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

#grid-gdgrid_limitedsale li.segment-2,
    #grid-gdgrid_limitedsale li.segment-3 {display:none;}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.