Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Putting a widget type ’text’ box as part of the shortcodes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • ZaboRacing
    Participant

Would it be possible to include in the ‘shortcodes’, a text box similar to what we have in a ‘text’ widget.

I am setting up my front page which includes 3 tabs, and within those tabs I want to embed a SlideShowPro photo gallery…. but unfortunately nothing seems to allow me to do so.

I can embed the SSP Gallery into a post or a ‘text’ widget no problem and post it on the forum, footer, sidebar etc ….. but not within any of the shortcodes presently available, or inside any of the environments they generate.

Is there some way to resolve this?

Anonymous

I already allow shortcodes within shortcodes. (See demo home page page). I’m not sure why the plugin you’re using isn’t allowing this.

Can you show me an example of the code you’re using (inc the tabs).

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Maybe you misunderstood me. I have no problem understanding and working with shortcodes within shortcodes – http://www.zaboracing.net (password is ‘zabonet’) and look at the front page. It’s here, in the tab called ‘Photo Galleries’ that I want to put a SlideShowPro Gallery, and to do that, I have to embed HTML….. this code to be exact!

……….. but no shortcode will let me!

I can put that code into a ‘text’ widget and it works no problem, so maybe we need the same as a ‘text’ widget included in the shortcodes list.

You can see it working in a ‘text’ widget (Footer – bottom right)…… but damned if I can get it to appear inside a shortcode ‘tab’ or ‘accordian’ for example.

Anonymous

I know it sounds simple (my apologies) but you’re definitely pasting the code into the HTML view not visual?

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Hang on….. let me check!

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Sorry Andy, I don’t know what you mean when you say…….. “pasting the code into the HTML view not visual?”

What shortcode should I select?
    And then where is the option for a ‘HTML’ view or ‘Visual’ view

Are you talking about the actual post? – because I have tried that!
    I’ll do it and let you see what happens!…. well you can’t see actually, because as soon as I put in that HTML, the entire front page disappears – all the shortcode accordians/tabs etc…. leaving just the gallery!

If I remove the HTML, it all comes back!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

dunno if helps but that gallery is flash? is that correct? have you tried on a plain page no shortcodes?

ZaboRacing
    Participant

yeah Dan.

It works perfectly well.

http://zaboracing.net/2011/02/14/slide-show-pro-dan/

Anonymous

Worked ok for me on the home page?

I’ve left it on there – check it out.

ZaboRacing
    Participant

BeJayus and begorrah!

I can’t see it!
    I see you have the code within the post, and now the widget in the footer has disappeared….. or at least the gallery has!

And the post I just made ‘Slide Show Pro Dan’ is appearing ok in the ‘Latest News’ slider along the bottom of the Home page, but just the title and not the gallery! – If I click the title, it takes me to the post and I can see the gallery there ok!

WTF is up with my computer if everyone else can see it?

I’m gonna fire up my laptop and try look at it.
    Strange.
    Maybe my computer is just too Irish! lol

Anonymous

haha, it’s within TITLE 3 accordion panel – do you see it?

To have 2 of those galleries on a page you have to change the ID’s – I’ve just changed the footer id to 2 and it appears now. 🙂

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Yessssssssss…. I see it in ‘title 3’ – that’s what must have been doing wrong. I was running the same gallery twice on the same page.
    I didn’t know about that.

I’ll now go and dismantle what you did and try to mimic it elsewhere.
    It’s how I learn.

Thanks Andy…. (and Dan)

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Got it sussed!

Three of the same galleries going now on the front page
    That was todays lesson. lol

Again, thank you gentlemen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.