Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Quality of images in gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Anner
    Participant

Hi,

I uploaded some images and looks all fine except that the quality is very bad. I adjusted the sizeof the pictures to more or less of that of the gallery size.

I dont think the problem is the quality of the pictures but I'm defintely overlooking something… I saved the images as .png

For demo puproses I added a picture used in the galery on the same page to see the difference. The same picture shown in the gallery has some grey blur.

Can anyone give me a tip? Following the link: http://www.contract-alert.com/nl/opties/

Thanks in advance

Ando

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Ando,

I found with the 3d Gallery that if you use PNG images the quality is drastically improved – for some reason it doesn't handle JPG very well. 

Anner
    Participant

Good morning Andy,

Thank you for your prompt feedback.

In fact, they are PNG-files. What I do not understand is that if I insert the image in a page / post it looks fine. In the 3d Gallery it looks like some grey curtain is hanging over it.Can it be that this has someting to do with the theme background color?

Regards

Ando

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ando,

That's interesting – are they 24bit PNG's or 8Bit? Unfortunately it's the way the Piecemaker 3d Gallery is interpreting the image. I saved the images on the DynamiX homepage as PNG 24 and they work great. What version of DynamiX are you using?

Anner
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your feedback. I dont know if its 8 or 24 bit. Will need to have a look at that how to check that.

I have the version 2.8.6 installed.

I will give you a feedback if your tip works out

Regards

Ando

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.