Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Question about featured images.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Phil
    Participant

I was just wondering if there was a way to increase the width and height of featured images without stretching them out?  I basically want the portrait images to be 628×420 while the landscape pictures stay 420×628.  Here is an example from a post I made today showing how small the portrait images look compared to the landscape.  Any help would be really appreciated!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

What if you set the width in Blog settings and leave the height blank? (This is how it works in Tersus but can’t remember in DynamiX).

Phil
    Participant

It then uses the default height of 300 and the picture gets all stretched out.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ok, this “may” work – add the following to Skin Settings -> Add Custom CSS with the width set to what you want.

.type-post .gridimg-wrap img {height: auto !important;}

Phil
    Participant

I gave it a shot but the height still stays at 300px.

Phil
    Participant

I added:

.type-post .gridimg-wrap img {height: auto;
    width: 628px;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    }

which works but instead of using the original image from my media library (Which was 900×600) it just stretches the 420×280 image that was there before to 628px wide so it looks very grainy.  I guess I’ll just have to live with the smaller picture 🙂

Phil
    Participant

Just figured it out!  I used:

.type-post .gridimg-wrap img {height: auto;
    width: 628px;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    }

Then disabled the Timthumb Image Resizing Scrip.  Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it!!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

Great, I’m glad you resolved it. By default timthumb receives a default height value which resizes the image regardless, it’s best practice not to use timthumb anyway 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.