Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Question about menu link colors/modifications…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • ahegel
    Participant

Hi there – been have great success getting Dynamix up and running but have run into a situation where I’m stumped as to the CSS overrides for menu colors, and if it’s even possible to do what I’m looking for.

1) Force root level menu link to stay white on hover and off states. It seems like this works fine when I do a transparent floating header. But on the static home page, when I scroll off the initial slider and into some content (therefore triggering the “alternate” menu), the hover states picks up a color other than white for the link. I’m wanting to run a dark background behind all navs, so this is an issue.

Here’s the desired state: White normal and hover state for root level, dark gray dropdown text with red hover

This is the issue I’m having: White normal but red hover state on root level. Would like this to remain white.

2.) Multiple/alternate color in the menu. Is there a way via classing that I can have just one area of the menu pick up a different hover state color? There’s one area we need to put extra emphasis on – I’d like to do that in orange. Here’s a sample image of what I’m hoping to do:

Hover on the root and the dropdown goes to orange.

Thanks for whatever insight you can offer!

Hi @ahegel

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check and test on this from our end?

Regards,

ahegel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @ahegel

1) Force root level menu link to stay white on hover and off states. You can set this via Customize > Font Colors > Link Hover Color

2.) Multiple/alternate color in the menu. – Under Menus in the WordPress dashboard, click on Screen Options then check CSS class. This will enable a new form for each of the menu items where you can add a CSS class.

This will enable you to add a separate custom style for the specific menu item using the custom CSS class you will add.

Can you please check if this sorts out your concerns?

Thanks

ahegel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

You’re welcome, @ahegel

If you like the theme, please don’t forget to rate it at https://themeforest.net/item/dynamix-business-corporate-wordpress-theme/113901?s_rank=1

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.