Home / Forums / ePix Support / Quicksand not displaying correctly in Chrome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Ane Hagen
    Participant

HI my friend pointed out that the font on my website is not displaying correctly in Chrome, seems strange for a google font not to display correctly in google Chrome….i can send a screenshot if you would like to see. http://www.anehagenphotography.com is the site. CHeers for your help

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strangely, it appears to be Chrome on PC only too. The theme has no affect on this, other than it has the font weight set.

You can test this by adding the following to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

caption.title h3 {font-weight:400 !important;}

Ane Hagen
    Participant

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply! i added that code immediately after some other code i have in there- it now looks like this
    .fancybox-opened .fancybox-title {
    visibility: hidden !important;
    }caption.title h3 {font-weight:400 !important;}
    does that look right?
    the new code says caption.title h3 but the issue in my friends browser was on all the text, titles, paragraphs and all. will the code sort the paragraphs too? hope so
    I have another question as well. in the grid galleries the image title shows on hover over. A small yellow box with a different font to the rest of the theme. how do i get rid of that title all together? I added some code to get rid of titles in lightbox, but i would like to get rid of it in grid galleries too.
    Cheers
    Ane

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ane,

As Andy mentioned above, PC’s struggle a lot with displaying the Quicksand font, not sure why but it looks great on a Mac but not PC. Try the following code to bring up the font-weight of all of the text tags. Add this instead of the code Andy provided.

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, p, a, span {
    font-weight: 400 !important;
    }

The yellow box is the alt tag or title tag set in your image. The browser enfoces this as it is a accessability feature. If you did want to remove this, modifiy core code. they frown upon int.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ane Hagen
    Participant

Thanks Tom, I have updated the code. HOpefully pc users can see the font as well now…
    How come the yellow alt tag/title tag only shows in the grid gallery then? single images don’t show them… and just out of curiosity- who frowns upon removing the tags?
    Cheers
    ANe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ane,

Sorry about that, my text must not have typed correctly. Search engines frown upon this if the alt tags are forced to be blank.

The title is on the links so if you have a link on your image or lightbox enabled, it will show the title and the yellow box title.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ane Hagen
    Participant

hi Tom, I have added the code you recommended but according to my mate who uses Chrome on a PC the problem is the same (patchy font). Any other ideas (apart from changing font- i really like that one)?
    ANd another issue – i can’t get the ‘enable comments’ to work on my blog page. It works on other pages but not on Blog page or post. The little speachbubble symbol is there, but nothing happens when you click it. I would like to have ‘leave a comment’ box visible under/ beside every post if possible?!
    site http://www.anehagenphotography.com
    Thank you so much for your great customer service, I really appreciate your help!
    Ane

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ane,

Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do. PCs just do not like displaying that font. Very annoying to say the least!

I recommend updating to the latest version of ePix as I do know there was a fix/change to the comments code that should fix this.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Ane Hagen
    Participant

I have downloaded Quicksand from fontsquirrel for other use and there are three versions: light, regular and bold. Is it possible to get ePix to use the regular font from that file instead of google fonts, and would that make a difference you think?
    And this might be a silly question but how/where do i update ePix?
    thanks again mate, you must be the most patient person in the world!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ane,

No worries, that is what I’m here for.

The fonts used must either be Google fonts or Cufon to use it with the standard ePix options. If you have the font files for these, you can use a plugin called Any Font which can set a specific font to a specific heading tag for example. Might help you out.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.