Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Re Font Awesome Icons as Navigation Through Sections (restaurant demo)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel, Andy,

Hope you’re both well.

Took advantage of the latest offer to buy another copy of You Theme and am in the process of setting up a basic site for a client using the Restaurant Demo. Demo imported no problem and the build is going really well except for the fact that there doesn’t seem to be any trace of the Font Awesome icons which are used as navigation between the rows.

I can’t add a screenshot without giving the path to my test server which I’d prefer not to do but have added the site link in a private email below.
    If you can let me know where the arrows at the top & bottom of each rows are I’d be very grateful as I can’t see them at all when I look at the page using Visual Composer or the classic view.

thank you

Heli

heli
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Heli,

The navigation will not appear when you edit the page as these are only added via CSS/Javascript on the theme files.

What do you plan in doing with them? Do you want to completely replace it or just want to change the color?

Thanks!

heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Thanks for getting back to me – your explaination makes sense. Would I be right in thinking then that if you add an anchor to a row then the font awesome icon navigation automatically appears?

TBH I wasn’t particularly planning on doing anything with them – maybe changing the colour/size but I can do that by finding & changing the CSS (I’m guessing?) it was just driving me mad trying to work out why I couldn’t see them in the back end of the site.

thank you
    Heli

Hi Heli,

Everytime you add a row/section to a single page, the navigation arrows are automatically added.

Changing the color and size of the arrows can indeed be done via CSS. You can also completely change the arrow with any icon from FontAwesome by overriding the declared content via CSS.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.