Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Recent Posts Shortcode – Won’t pickup new categories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Will
    Participant

Sorry if this is covered already but… I'm using the shorcode to generate a recent post gallery.   Scenario.  I have two posts.  When I check category: uncategorized on the posts, then, check that in the short code generator, it works.  However, when I categorize the posts, then, check those categories in the shortcode generator, it doesn't work.  Is there something special I need to do to the "validate" or initiate the categories to get them to pick up the data?  Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Will,

The only time I've come across this is when the categories slug doesn't match the name properly. What is the category name and slug you're using?

Will
    Participant

Hi Andy, I think that was it.  I changed the slugs and things are threading through.  Thanks for your help. Love the theme. 

Marcus Cake
    Participant

Can you provide  a little more information?

What is the text that goes between the quotes in the shortcode?

1. 1. Is it the category number
    2. 2. Is it the category name?
    3. 3. Is it the category Slug?

What does slug and name "matching properly" mean above?

I have this problem as well and can't make it work?

Any chance it can just use the tag number separated by commas?

Thank you for your support!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

If you check your Posts -> Categories page – the slug should match the name e.g.

Name: My Category

Slug: my-category

Matt Devost
    Participant

Thank you.  I've been trying to figure out for hours why my post content wouldn't work.  Category and slugs were not the same.  Working now.

Chris vanPopta
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks!

This solved my problem too. I couldn’t get the Post Shortcode to work for the last three nights now.. even after much coffee and deciding to sleep on it. I have made the category slug match the category name and it all works like it should.

Great theme! keep it up!

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.