Hi, and thanks in advance for the support.
I recently migrated my site to new hosting (google compute engine) everything has been working for about a month, but recently I have a very slow admin panel, and the Media Library grid view won’t load (list view works just fine). A note, the actual website seems to be loading fine, just problems with the admin panel and media library. I am still not sure what triggered the problem.
I went through the normal trouble shooting, deleting all the plugins, switching to another theme (switching to another theme fixes all problems), reinstalling the ePix theme (latest version), and have found that whenever the ePix theme is active, the aforementioned problems occur (even after I completely delete and reinstall the theme).
Some things that I have noticed.
1. I get a message close to the top right of the site, in the admin panel on whatever page I am on that says “5001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received” A timeout issue I assume. I have thoroughly googled this issue, trying several “solutions” but none seem to have an affect.
2. When I try to load the Media Library, in grid view, and inspect the element with google chrome under the “Network” tab I notice that the admin-ajax.php file continues to load over and over again every few minutes. Again I have troubleshot this on google, trying various solutions with no affect.
1. I have double checked my file permissions through ssh on my server, everything seems in order to me, but I can double check things if you need me to.
2. I had trouble installing the visual composer through the admin panel, I had to do it manually through SSH by unzipping it and placing in the wordpress install plugins folder. It would just take me to a blank admin panel screen (with the timeout message from before) and not install the plugin after marking it for installation.
3. Currently everything on my site requires sftp access (plugin update/removal/install). Would this cause problems with the ePix theme?
I am at a wall now, as I have trouble shot this assuming it wasn’t an issue with the theme, for about three days. Poster here is my last option, as I feel I have exhausted every other avenue. If I can’t resolve this soon, I will need to move onto another theme that works for my situation. I would really don’t want to though, as I do like this theme allot.
There has been an issue over the past few days with ThemeForest. They came under attack and this meant that their site was down. This led to the theme not being able to check for Theme updates. They’re currently addressing this issue, hopefully that means you shouldn’t be receiving the above issue anymore. Can you confirm this?
Something like that would help explain the sudden change in speed I suppose. I just checked my admin panel though, and I am currently still experiencing the same problem.
But found a workaround, I did clear my username and API key out of the “Update Theme” section in the theme settings, and saved the settings. And the admin panel is working at full speed, and I can access my Media Library again!
Being able to update through the admin panel is a sacrifice I am willing to make. I usually manually update anyways.
Thanks for the reply, it pointed me in right direction to a temporary work around so I can add images to my posts again. I hope Theme Forest can get the updating stuff to work soon, as I am sure other people are experiencing the same problem.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.