Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Reduce default volume for JW Player

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Mary Suski
    Participant

Hello, I have the player on autoplay on the home page stage gallery but need it to start out at mute or a very low volume. I tried appending the URL with ?mute=true and ?&mute=true, but no love. I'm willing to hardcode this in if you could let me know how. (I saw on another post that you suggested adding in a plugin for JW Player configuration options, but I really want to keep this simple and change the default volume in the code if possible. Site in development is http://www.eivision.net/machine-vision/. Thank you, Mary

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mary, 

What about volume=10 – try that, if not I think it will have to be hardcoded into the jw player pages. 

Mary Suski
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the quick reply.  

Here's what I did in case it helps anyone else:

1. Open uploads, jwplayer.js, about 80% down on the page changed volume: 90 to volume: 10
    2. Open DynamiX > lib >  inc > stagegalleryframe.php,  added <param name="volume" value="10" />

and further down,  'volume': '10',

Thank you, Mary

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Did that work with changing the stagegalleryframe and jwplayer.js?

Mary Suski
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I changed my last post to reflect what ended up working. Originally, I changed the DynamiX > lib > admin > inc > stagegalleryframe.php file but that DIDN'T work, it was when I changed the DynamiX > lib >  inc > stagegalleryframe.php instead that it worked, fyi. (Reminds me why I need to charge more for customizing WordPress sites, this was painful!)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Yes the reason being is the shortcode version of the stage gallery is located within the lib/adm/inc folder and the main stage gallery is within lib/inc. 

So that now works? If you want the same for other galleries then you'll need to edit the frame files within DynamiX/lib/inc/.

Mary Suski
    Participant

Yes, the video opens with autoplay on and a volume of 10%. Client's happy!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Great, I'm glad it's working. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.