Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Remove “archive for…” in the content area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Patrick Engel
    Participant

Hi,

when I click on the site on a category then above the content the whole path is shown (like “Home  /  Archive ….”) AND in the content area agin!! …how can I remove the second displaying of this same information?!!

Thank you.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

I’m not sure what you mean, can you provide a link?

Patrick Engel
    Participant

Hi,

now I have included a screen…

1) I would like to change the text of the line above the main area where the current location is indicated, BUT without changing the language files, I want to permanently override this section inthe CSS where it gets the text from the language file and replace it.

2) I want to remove the second indication for where I am (superfluent) completely.

Thank you for your help.

Dominic

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

You would be best to remove from the following files then. Is there any reason why you can’t change the breadcrumbs via the translation, it would be easier?

To change the breadcrumbs, edit DynamiX/lib/inc/breadcrumbs.php and locate the following line.

echo $current_before . __(‘Archive by category ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ) .’'’;

To remove the text completely, change to

echo $current_before  .’'’;

For the archive, edit DynamiX/archive.php and locate the following section of code.

<?php $post = $posts[0]; // Hack. Set $post so that the_date() works. ?>
    <?php /* If this is a category archive */ if (is_category()) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Archive for ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?> &#8216;<?php single_cat_title(); ?>&#8217;</h2>
    <?php /* If this is a tag archive */ } elseif( is_tag() ) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Posts Tagged’, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?> &#8216;<?php single_tag_title(); ?>&#8217;</h2>
    <?php /* If this is a daily archive */ } elseif (is_day()) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Archive for ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?> <?php the_time(‘F jS, Y’); ?></h2>
    <?php /* If this is a monthly archive */ } elseif (is_month()) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Archive for ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?> <?php the_time(‘F, Y’); ?></h2>
    <?php /* If this is a yearly archive */ } elseif (is_year()) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Archive for ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?> <?php the_time(‘Y’); ?></h2>
    <?php /* If this is an author archive */ } elseif (is_author()) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Author Archive ‘, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?></h2>
    <?php /* If this is a paged archive */ } elseif (isset($_GET) && !empty($_GET)) { ?>
    <h2 class=”pagetitle”><?php _e(‘Blog Archives’, ‘DynamiX’ ); ?></h2>
    <?php } ?>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.