Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Remove bounce/elastic animation on main menu navigation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi,

Whenever we scroll down from the main menu navigation, the animation where in the it would look like it would bounce up and down when you come from the bottom back to top part needs to be removed Please let us know what can be done about this.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

There is no animation set on this? Is it the same when scrolling up fast on any website? Could you make a screencast of this so I can understand exactly what you mean?

Thanks,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Any update on this?

Regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Currently I cannot view your site as the previous login details do not seem to work?

Please could you provide some more so I can test your site?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I have tested this on my dev site using the same layout of theme as yours and cannot figure out what is causing this. The only thing I can think is that you have 2 logos but they look like they are custom coded into your child theme?

I recommend removing the code for these and testing it again once you have reset the cache on your browser. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting too.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

We would like to remove the bouncing/elastic animation. Even if we remove the added codes for the customized logos or removed all the logos, the animation will still be there since it’s on the theme at the very beginning.

Codewise, the problem here is we don’t know where you guys put the added animation/JS code. We cannot just remove some line of code if we’re not sure because it might affect other part of the theme,

I just want to make sure Tom that you get our issue here, shown on the image that I replied. That line animates like it’s bouncing.

Regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I have just got Andy (theme creator) to have a look what is going on, on your site and it seems that the menu is sticking at the top now? Is this still an issue?

Thanks,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Below is the link from screencast. If you’ll notice, highlighted on the image with the link below, when we scroll down, that line will remain as it acts as the Main Manu bar in our page, and if you scroll back up to the top of the page, that line would animate as it bounces like down to up action.

http://www.screencast.com/t/kb7GBtPpP1Rz

Kind Regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I have looked much deeper into this now and it looks like you have a really odd branding top margin set within Appearance > Customize > Menu / Branding Align > Branding Top Margin. It was set to 88 which meant that when you scrolled up, it thought the menu had a margin of 88px. I have set this to 4 and now it appears correctly.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.