Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Remove Residual Styling

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    I´m trying to use Uber menu with Dynamix, the problem is that, i can´t make the actual uber menu, like in this demo http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/full_screen_preview/154703 (the ubermneu tab). So i went and asked the Uber menu team what could be wrong and after trying all of the settings in the plugin it self, they suggested that it might be because of this http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-remove-residual-styling, as i´m no programmer, i was wondering if you could advice me on how to do this or if i might be so bold and suggeust, to upgrade the theme so the ubermenu plugin will work?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ubermenu should work out of the box, you will need to activate it and select it via Appearance > Menus.

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to add in 3 columns with widgets like the ‘ubermenu’ sub menu item on their demo site? If so, you may have to add this section of CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

#megaMenu .wpmega-nonlink ul {
    display: block !important; }

Kind regards,
    Tom

Justin Wells
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue with some of the theme styling sticking to the ubermenu and affecting how it works.

Justin Wells
    Participant

I’ll give more detail, my apologies:

The ubermenu is holding on to some hover styling, and some dashed underlines in the menu. You can see an example here: cof.jwellsgrp.com

Those things stay regardless of the style for ubermenu. I need those to go away. 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

All the CSS within your menu is coming from the CSS file earthly.css which is a UberMenu skin that has been added. It has the dotted underlines within it and the hover color etc. You will need to edit this to edit the menu by the looks of things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Justin Wells
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Unfortunately that is not the case. You guys are using residual styling, like the OP posted above. Luckily for me, sevenspark has been kind enough to give step by step fixes for all the major templates. http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-dynamix

I will sit down in a few and go over the steps.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

Thank you for this, I will note this down.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Terina Allen
    Participant

I am trying to remove the residual styling for my Ubermenu. I have tried the things listed here, but nothing is working. I used to be able to use my Ubermenu just fine, but it does not work now wit the update of Dynamix. I have read the Ubermenu instructions, but I don’t know how to modify the header .div to make the menu work. What changed in the update that stopped the Ubermenu from working. Please help me remove residual styling. Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Terina,

If you are using the latest version of Ubermenu there should be no issues I know of. What styling are you referring to? Styling left by the theme? Please elaborate further on this.

It may have been that with the latest WordPress update things have been added as I don’t think much has changed in the latest version of DynamiX.

Do you have a link to your site too so I can take a further look?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.