Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Remove sidebars

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Rogers
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I'm getting some annoying borders appearing on pages where I think a sidebar should be (link here).

How  can I remove the sidebars? I've changed the number of sidebars to zero in the settings. Happy to edit the file to forceably hide them, I don't want them, but I'm sure there must be another setting somewhere?

Matt.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

It looks like your theme hasn't installed correctly. Did you install the zip directly from ThemeForest?

Checkout this page 

http://help.themeva.com/dynamix-getting-started/installing-dynamix/

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Ok, so you're saying we've changed the right settings? The devs did make one changes to the CSS to ensure that these boxes display on one line (rather than multiple lines). Could this be the issue?

Is there a way I can just comment out the code which is displaying the sidebars? We don't need them and don't fancy reinstalling the theme!

Matt Rogers
    Participant

By the way, this is totally ROCK STAR support

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks mate, glad you appreciate it 😉 

The theme has been installed using the wrong folder. It looks like the dynamix-wordpress folder has been uploaded (must have been painful to upload) – if you follow the how to on that page it should sort out all those issues and the theme will look a bit nicer aswell. 

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Hmmm. I downloaded zip, uploaded to the server and extracted on the server. But lemmie have a quick look.

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Ah. I am beginning to see what you mean.

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Sorted. And I see what you mean about everything just looking slightly better. Thanks for your help!

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Actually I still have the problem on inner pages, but not on the outer pages?

e.g.

http://m-and-s.feedspark.com/todays-deals/

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Scratch that. It was the layout option…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad you got it sorted. 

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Andy, have you done any other themes with a similar range of features?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Not yet but they are on their way 😉 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.