Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Responsive buddy and bbpress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Lykke Scavenius
    Participant

Hi,
    I really like your Dyanmix theme, but you say it’s fully responsive + it supports bbpress and buddypress.
    But bbpress forums is not responsive in your theme. It looks terrible when you get in mobile view.

Can you please help me with a fix for this? I did expect that everything would be responsive, who wouldn’t?

The solution I suggest is hiding the “Freshness” “column” in mobile view (when mobile menu is activated), so that there is room for the other content, because dates and names are just being cut off in the middle in mobil view anyway, and looks terrible, so better hide it and solve the issue!..

Please help me with some lines of code, that would fix the problem somehow, and make the forum table/list responsive.

Thanks
    Lykke

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lykke,

Please accept my apologies for this. I thought it had been done already – instead of the freshness, I think the voices and post count is better to hide. See what you think – try placing the following in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS:

#bbpress-forums .bbp-topic-reply-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-topic-voice-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forum-reply-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forum-voice-count {display:none;}

Lykke Scavenius
    Participant

Hi,
    We are placing the code directly in the files to get the site running as best as possible.
    So I placed it in “responsive.css” in the section
    /* Mobile */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

I have done that, but it’s not working, so I must be placing it wrong.

Another thing,
    I am hoping you can help me with this. As you can see http://theplantstrongbody.com/forums/ I’ve been trying to create a more structured forum overview, but I can’t seem to style it, and can’t figure out how to change the code to get the structure. It looks like I would have to create a whole new template

What I want is the Forums marked as categories to be like full width headeres, seperating lists of subforums.
    But there are li’s acting as columns there.

Also, the forum info for sub forums is displayed like “Forum name (2,3)”, I need the forum details on posts and activity to be in the columns to the right, just like it is in the category forum row.

Kind of like Virgin records forum http://community.virginmedia.com/

It’s also not possible to get a rows like design, like
    Category
    Subforum
    subforum
    Category
    subforum

Etc.

Do you have any tips for me, on how I could accomplish this result?

I am willing to do any damage needed, as my client really wants the forum list to be more userfriendly, and I would agree, the standard design of bbpress, is really not attractive or easy to understand. I have looked for other themes that made a new bbpress style template, but there are so few giving bbpress special attention.

Well, I am hoping you are able to tell me something.. just.. anything. I could really use some guidence or ideas, to help me get unstuck.

Thanks
    Lykke

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lykke,

Did you try placing the code in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS? That area is safe from updates and does exactly what you’re trying to achieve above.

It might be worth trying with the important rule too, e.g.

#bbpress-forums .bbp-topic-reply-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-topic-voice-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forum-reply-count,
    #bbpress-forums .bbp-forum-voice-count {display:none !important;}

Templates are the only real way to customize bbPress.

I unfortunately can’t offer that sort of customization at the moment – your best bet would be to use something like Envato Studio and pay someone to customize this for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.