Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Responsive Compatibility?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • sonoraadventist
    Participant

Just wondering if you could provide some sort of guidance in how to go about making dynamix a responsive design.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately that is a mine field and would require a complete re-write of DynamiX. The structure of responsive designs are completely different and require a specific foundation from the start, when DynamiX was initially designed responsive wasn't on the scene. Plus a lot of the features would require to be removed e.g. some of the galleries. 

skopy
    Participant

yea, but that is the future with more and more mobile users…. at my sites 1/10 users is on mobile phones and ipad…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I understand this but it's not something you can just switch on. It requires a complete foundation re-write.

keyhanjun
    Participant

I made very positive experiences with WPtouch Pro. Maybe it is something for you regarding your mobile users. They even have a free plugin so you can try it out first.

>>> http://www.bravenewcode.com/store/plugins/wptouch-pro/

Feel free to report back. 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I could not mention this earlier as I awaiting review but I have released a new theme Tersus which is fully responsive. 🙂

http://themeforest.net/item/tersus-responsive-wordpress-theme/2343187

keyhanjun
    Participant

Pretty slick, dude. Will definitely buy it for my next project! 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks 🙂

Neil
    Participant

Hi Andy,

reading the blurb on Tersus, the features seem much the same as Dynamix, except Tersus is :

• Responsive HTML5 / CSS3 Design
    • SEO Optimised including Google Page Speed

… which I like the idea of 🙂

Is it easy to migrate to Tersus from Dynamix? (BTW I haven’t updated Dynamix to the latest version) – is there a guide for this?

Neil

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Neil,

It has the same features as DynamiX + tonnes more and also a lot more flexibility. For example, gallery short codes can be set to any size and grid, group upto 12 columns – so you can place them anywhere, even into a 1/4 column or a sidebar etc. See here for example http://tersus.northvantage.co.uk/grid-shortcode/

The images within galleries are not squished, you can have different aspect ratio images and the gallery will resize to it.

Just activate Tersus as a new theme and it will accept the DynamiX settings and short codes – there maybe one or two tweaks you have to make but should be pretty smooth 😉

Bruno Henriques
    Participant

…sort of, on my test rig@home it the pages went berzerk!!! and the style all mixed up, so my quick solution was to export my data (posts, and so on), reset wordpress (via a plugin) and import back, then it all fitted together!!! and my I say Andy, the theme is absolutely brilliant!!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Bruno,

It was probably all cached within the browser – a hard refresh probably would have sorted the cosmetic things.

I’m glad you think it’s brilliant – comments like that help make the EPIC amount of hours it took to create worthwhile 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.