Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Responsive images and videos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Pavel
    Participant

Hi,

we have some older posts on website and all images and embeded videos (Vimeo) are not responsive. For example on iPhone are these images too big. I tried to insert these images into new post using Visual Composer (Add Element – Single Image) and it works then. So, is there any responsive support for older posts?

Also when using Visual Composer and switching into Classic Editor later, there are too many shortcodes generated:

[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][imageeffect image="5191" target="_self"][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Is this the right behaviour?

Second problem is with our logo, which is 350px width and also not responsive.

Thank you for your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

I’m not sure what would be stopping the videos from being responsive, please provide a link.

That’s correct, it generates a row and then the full width column.

Again, that doesn’t sound right, please provide a link and we will take a further look into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Pavel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

It is because your header custom html is set to float right, in mobile css if you set the width to auto and float to none it should stop it from happening. If you want us to resolve these issues for you, you can post them in the Customization Forum here.

Change the max-width of the iframe to none and that is what is stopping the Vimeo video from being responsive.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Pavel
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

ad 1) Responsive logo

Custom HTML is not a problem. I removed the whole HTML and only logo is displayed now. Use Safari with iPhone and you will see that logo is not responsive.

ad 2) Responsive Vimeo video

Vimeo iframe is inserted automatically by WordPress and max-width is set to none also. Video is still not responsive.

Thank you for your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Sorry I apologise, I meant max-width:100%.

This is the only max-width that should be in the css file.

img,
    object,
    embed,
    iframe {max-width: 100%;}

This will fix your image too.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Pavel
    Participant

Hi,

thank you very much! Problem with logo and images is solved now. It was my mistake, sorry. There was some legacy css code from very old child theme modification. I cleared it and images work well…

But the second problem persists. There is related problem with Vimeo embed. Width is made automaticaly, but height not. If you look at my site (standard browser), you will see wide black stripes above and bellow embedded video. I tried to set max-height: 100%, but it did not work. Any idea? Thank you very much for your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

The issue is the content_width variable is set to a default of 980 ( width of theme ). This is fine if you’re using full-width layout, however with a sidebar it’s too big.

Try this out:

1. Edit DynamiX/functions.php
    2. Locate this line: if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 980;
    3. Change to:

if( $NV_layout != 'layout_one' )
      {
      if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 611;
      }
      else
      {
      if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 980;
      }

Pavel
    Participant

Hi,

thank you very much, it works perfectly for standard browsers. But on iPhone there are still really wide black stripes?
    Can I use this code also from my child theme?

Thank you for your help…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Unfortunately the iframe is not capable of resizing it’s self there is no way to do it.

But try the following code in the mobile CSS.

iframe {height:auto;}

Kind regards,
    Tom

Pavel
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you very much, Tom! It works nice…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.