Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Responsive layout not working properly

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Vince
    Participant

The responsive layout does not look great on my site and was wondering what the best parameters are in terms of header layout for the best look. Here’s the site: http://www.saugusfootball.com.

I understand that the header and sliders need to be adjusted but why are the VC items and posts looking all funny?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Vince,

There could be a couple of reasons why it’s displaying like that –

1. The revolution slider isn’t set to responsive and is a fixed or custom width.
    2. You’re running a caching plugin which is trashing the mobile display ( I recommend using WP Fastest Cache ).

I’d say the latter is probably the cause, try flushing the cache and temporary disabling the plugin to see if it’s then resolved.

Vince
    Participant

Thank you Andy. Correct, it wasn’t set to Auto Responsive. I changed it however now I have a solid color on either side of my slides (set to a specific width/height to match the boxed layout). How can I make that transparent and make the nav buttons go in the boxed layout?

Vince
    Participant

BTW the website’s look on mobile is not right as far as the header and content goes… it defaults to a zoomed in state. Pinching out helps but doesn’t show the content correctly. Is there a way to display a simplified header on mobile?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Vince,

It looks like whatever cache plugin you’re using, it’s destroying the responsive design ( mobile ). I fully recommend using WP Fastest Cache instead, it doesn’t trash the responsive design and is fast.

Vince
    Participant

I’m not using any cache plugins… Also checked with the provider and all cache systems are off for that domain/WP installation.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Vince,

Can you post your WP login details please, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be working.

Vince
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately that login doesn’t give me any access to the theme. Can you change it to Admin access please.

Vince
    Participant

Sorry try again.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Okay, it looks like a plugin is the cause of the issue. I’ve just de-activated them all apart from the core two ( Revolution and Visual Composer ) and the mobile display worked fine. I’ve re-enabled all plugins, you’ll need to de-activate one by one to see which one is the cause.

Vince
    Participant

Thanks Andy. The culprit is WP eMember Captcha plugin. Is that something you’re interested in looking into further or should I contact the author?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s worth contacting the author too. Is the plugin in the WP repository?

Vince
    Participant

It isn’t. it’s an add-on for WP-eMember. I uploaded the newest version and it does the same thing. I’ll contact the author about it as well. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.