Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Responsive – Mobiles only NOT tablets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • James Ktoris
    Participant

I am finalising a website http://bookthehousekeeper.co.uk (password to view is housekeeper1) and it’s pretty much finished.

I have updated the site so it works on mobile, but would prefer it not to update (to responsive view) on tablets – what would be the most straightforward way to make this update? Sorry – not particularly clued up with media queries.

I am using theme version 3.0.2 and would prefer not to update the theme at this point as the site is otherwise finalised.

Thanks 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

It is possible but you would have to change the way the responsive CSS displays. This is not something we would usually cover. We could do this in the premium forum but it would use up your monthly credit as it is such a large job.

Kind Regards
    Tom

James Ktoris
    Participant

Hi Tom,

The main reason that I wanted to switch it is due to, what I would consider “glitches” in the theme, so if you could let me know how to resolve the following (which are happening on my ipad G2), I won’t need to go down the route of changing the tablet queries. To be honest, having taken another look at it today, this would probably make more sense anyway:

– Revolution slider (homepage) – some of the wording scales down (i.e. …making life easier) whilst others doesn’t (i.e. bullets), meaning that it overflows the slider. Both styles have font-size set in pixels so I’m not sure why they are reacting differently?
    – Testimonials page – The blockquotes are overlapping the sidebar. Are you able to suggest why this is happening?

Thanks

James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

1. The revolution slider looks fine when scaled down on the iPad and iPhone. Are they different CSS classes maybe?

2. The reason why the testimonials are not responsive is because you have a width set on them.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James Ktoris
    Participant

Hi Tom,

1. I will contact the Revolution Slider plugin support directly. This issue relates to the tick beside the text which seems to prevent it scaling on the iPad

2. The reason I have set a width is because if I don’t it only flows 20% of the full width and looks awful – I have removed the following from the CSS which resolves the situation:

width:20%;
    min-width:140px;

James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.