Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Retina Logo looks to small on mobile devices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

i have played with some parameters in the header menu to define how big the Logo is displayed. It looks good now on normal displays now but on retina displays it is to small for me. How can I change the Logo in the Retinaview only?

Have many Thanks Frank Weber

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

here an additional remark. I looks a little bit more difficult. I have testet the view on my iPhone5s and got the following behavior. If I open the browser at first I see a small logo, if I press reload I see a normal logo. If I close the browser and open again the play begins from start new with the small logo. Here are some screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv45pg0qcjct8gn/logo_you_retina.zip?dl=0

If I testet it on my 12″ Macbook (retina) I got an similar behavior (not the same but the size of the logo will be change from time to time if I press the reload button)

Best regards Frank

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Frank Weber.

Hi @frankwwweber

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can doublecheck your theme settings?

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @frankwwweber

I tested this from my end and did multiple reloads for the page and the logo’s size is very consistent and I do not see the issue you encountered.

Have you tried to clear you browser cache and cookies and retried to check if the issues persists?

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi @frankwwweber

Thanks for sending the video. I have forwarded this to the developer to further check if this is a bug on the theme.

We will get back to you once we have more information on this.

Thanks!

dq-8
    Participant

Hi,

have the same issue with the retina logo. first i think it’s a problem with the browser cache, because i change the logo very often to find out the best size (i play with the settings logo standard and retina and the logo height).

in this case i have a question about the settings for the logo.

you can change the settings via:

– Appearance > theme settings
    – Appearance > Customize > header
    – and under customize via the extra settings button > Customize Skin > header

is it irrelavant which settings i use, or have you a best practice. Does each (same) setting overwrite the other setting if you use the same option?

Hi @dq-8

Whatever logo is defined under Customize will override the logo you set under Theme Options.

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

have tried to define the logo for retina and no retina in both ways (Delete under Theme Options and insert via Customize and delete under Customize and define new unter Theme Options. Sorry, but no change. The Logo switch on Retina Displays from small to big.

Best regards Frank

Hi Frank,

My apologies for the mix-up. That reply was meant for @dq-8

The issue with the Retina logo is now being investigated by Andy.

We will get back to you once we have more information on this.

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

is there somethings news for this issue?

Best regards Frank

Hi Frank,

I have made a follow-up with Andy.

I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @frankwwweber,

I hope you’re well?

Can you post your FTP details please, I believe I’ve found a solution to the issue.

Thanks,
    Andy

Frank Weber
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.