Hi there guys
In the process of rebuilding my site after taking the plunge updating Dynamix from version 2.9.2 to the latest one 😉
Loving all the cool new stuff, so I have a question or two about Revolution Slider, please note I am on the latest versions
of everything, I updated today.
1. I don’t get any thumbnails auto created, even manually choosing one does not show a thumbnail in slide view.
(Just realised these are the thumbs on the slider….I am referring to images in the slide list…)
2. Transitions don’t seem to work, I set them all to fade, changing them back later to slide and they still fade.
(I even tried a global reset)
3. Can we get a dropdown of Rev Slider ID’s in the page menu?
Thats great, glad you are liking the new features.
1. I am not sure what you mean by this? Do you have a screenshot of what you mean so I can get a better understanding?
2. Which gallery are you using with the fade on it? Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.
3. Not sure what you mean by this but you can select each slider from either Visual Composer or within the page options.
Hope this helps.
1. I am pretty sure this displays the background color of the slide. I have checked mine out and they are different shades of grey which correspond with my background colors. As yours are set to transparent, the preview is transparent.
If you edit the slide, just above the content, you can upload a thumbnail. This might help you out.
2. It looks like it is a bug with Revolution slider, it is worth posting a comment on there comments page here, regardless of if you have purchased it or not they should acknowledge it.
3. Ah I see what you mean. There are no current plans to change this, unfortunately you will have to enter the IDs manually at the moment.
4. If you click the green magnifying glass icon floating on the right, it should preview the slide I think.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the help.
I have to say, the gallery system built in Dynamix is not as flexible as Revolution, but for speed of creation, smoothness
and ease of use, I prefer it.
Please don’t remove it.
Also, the slide set manager you used to have was much better IMHO (as far as entering the slide information)
The theme version I had was very old.
Here are the comparisons
My bad…cleaned up the media library and wiped them.
Here you go again.
Old Theme Slide Manager
New Slide manager
I am also finding that the behaviour of the Image / Text overlay function isn’t
consistent. For example, on slide sets set to Image only it still brings up the
text overlay, and it’s sometime hard to pin down the origin of the text.
If there is any way to have a phone conversation it could make things easier.
Let me know
It looks like you have a plugin confliction as that is not what the slide set manager looks like at all. In fact, it has not changed from the old look.
I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.
Do you have an example page of the gallery still pulling in the title? Do you have the gallery settings set to show the title?
Sorry, but we do not offer phone support.
Here is an example of the image and text settings not working properly.
1. Image of the slide option, showing no names or text in description or title
2. This shows the setting for the stage image
Content is set to image only
3. This is the image on the website. The text is the name of the file,before this, it used the permalink name
of the image
Any help will be appreciated
What is was doing was picking up on the Group Slider option that must have been set previous. I switched back to the group slider to see if the Slide Content option is set to Image Only then switch back to the stage gallery. Changed the option and now the title overlay does not show.
Hope this helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.