Home / Forums / ePix Support / Revolution slider

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • sixways
    Participant

Hi I deactivated my Revolution slider and now it has stopped working. I am not able to activate it again. I get the following error message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox(‘Revolution Slid…’, ”, Array, NULL) #1 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(165): RevSliderAdmin->__construct(‘/home/seventco/…’) #4 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1910): include(‘/home/seventco/…’) #5 /home/seventco/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(172): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘revslider/revsl…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/seventco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

Is it possible to reinstall the plugin, which was included with the theme? I can’t find the pluing file under my theme download.

Kind regards,
    Six ways

Hi @sixways

You can try to delete the plugin then re install it through Appearance > Install Plugin

Regards,

sixways
    Participant

Thanks, I managed to fix this.

I now have the problem that when I select the option under ‘Social Media’ to show the Social Icons, it shows all of the icons. I only need to show the Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Email icon. Even when I select only these 4 icons, it show all the icons in the header and when I go back to the Theme Options in the back-end, none of the icons are selected.

Please can you assist with this or advise what I must do?

http://www.sevent.co.za/

Hi @sixways

Can you please send over your login credentials so we could check on this further from our end?

Regards,

sixways
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @sixways

As I checked, under the Page’s Editor is the theme’s option specific for the page, you have turned on all the Social Media Icons under “Social” tab, that is why all the icons appeared (some icons were not visible since they overflowed).

I’ve set the other social icons to ‘Off’ and left 4 ‘On’ and it should now work as expected in your homepage.

Please check and confirm from your end.

Regards,

sixways
    Participant

Yes its working. Thanks a mill.

You’re welcome, @sixways

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.