Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Revolution Slider: Activation fails – operator not supported for strings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • funexcite
    Participant

Hi

I had to install the Dynamix Theme as I will start on a new URL with a completely new website (new wordpress installation) before I kill the old one and wanted to activate the Revolution Slider plugin during the normal installation procedure.

The following recommended plugin is currently inactive: Revolution Slider. Activate installed plugin | Dismiss this notice

The activation failed and the following error occured:

Error Message: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(572): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox(‘Revolution Slid…’, ”, Array, NULL) #1 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(73): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(44): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(165): RevSliderAdmin->__construct(‘/home/www/web1234567…’) #4 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1882): include(‘/home/www/web1234567…’) #5 /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-admin/plugins.php(164): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘revslider/revsl…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/www/web1234567/html/dynchaorga/version001/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

PHP Version is 5.6 now.

Any solution?

Last time (a few years agao) everything went very smoothly.

Hi @funexcite

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally test and check on this from our end?

Regards,

funexcite
    Participant

Hi

I found a solution:

1. activate a theme which does not need revolution slider
    2. change line 21 in revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php

from
    private static $arrMetaBoxes = ”; //option boxes that will be added to post
    to
    private static $arrMetaBoxes = array(); //option boxes that will be added to post

3. activate plugin revolution slider
    4. change to the theme which really needs revolution slider (mandatory or included)

Therefore: all good 🙂
    Thanks

Wow! Thank you for this, @funexcite

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.